It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
(male)

Kena2007 HB User
Anyone have suggestions for really dry skin caused by eczema?

I ve been suffering from eczema now for most my life, I'm now 26, and despite its annoyances, I have not let it hold me back. However, one of my hobbies is climbing, and there is nothing more frustrating than going through a bout of dry skin, almost to the point that the skin feels polished. Its really only my palms that suffer, but it does make life that bit trickier.

I use:

Diprobase
Betnovate rarely mostly for flare-ups
Neutrogena Hand Cream (the one for Norwegian fishermen)
Fish oil capsules

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to avoid the really dry skin from occuring?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

Curlzzz2002 HB User
Re: Anyone have suggestions for really dry skin caused by eczema?

My eight year old suffers from eczema...has since birth. They say it's a side effect from being a premie. Here's what works for her. Keep in mind, different things work for different people. We use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion, it's alcohol and perfume free. Also we use Aquaphor, like Vaseline but much better. The latest thing that has been a MIRACLE is taking probiotics. She's been on them for close to a month without any breakouts. We live in Illinois. The cold dry weather this time of year usually causes terrible breakouts right now. But, just taking one pill a day has been a life saver. If eruptions occur, you can take two. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: Anyone have suggestions for really dry skin caused by eczema?

I've had luck with the Aveeno products twice a day + their bath soaks.

[QUOTE=Kena2007;3342242]I ve been suffering from eczema now for most my life, I'm now 26, and despite its annoyances, I have not let it hold me back. However, one of my hobbies is climbing, and there is nothing more frustrating than going through a bout of dry skin, almost to the point that the skin feels polished. Its really only my palms that suffer, but it does make life that bit trickier.

I use:

Diprobase
Betnovate rarely mostly for flare-ups
Neutrogena Hand Cream (the one for Norwegian fishermen)
Fish oil capsules

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to avoid the really dry skin from occuring?[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread