It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
(male)

sja411 HB User
Mole removal

I have moles on my face (flat ones) and would like to know if there is any way that they can be removed (except laser) Thanks.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User
Re: Mole removal

If they're raised moles that appear flat yes, but if they're flat like freckles, I'd say no, you'd probably have to have them removed by laser.

I had several moles removed years ago but they were raised moles. Had it done on an outpatient basis in a hospital emergency room. Was very successful and was one of the best things I ever did that made me feel better about myself.

Good luck.

-h

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

anxiety27 HB User

I think they cut out the flat ones also. I am scheduled to get a raised mole removed in a few short weeks. I am very nervous. Did you get yours cut out or shaved off, and how are your results?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

Mine were the kind that had to be cut out, as they had roots. The small fleshy kind referred to as "tabs" can often be shaved off because they have no roots and are just extensions of the skin. My results were very successful with very little or no scarring at all. What scar did show isn't noticeable.

I understand, but try not to be nervous. I even had one of the moles cut out right in the doctor's office. He will deaden the affected area and you won't feel a thing, except maybe a little pressure from the doctor pushing the surgical instrument to cut the mole out. The only thing you might not be pleased with is if the mole has deep roots and the doctor has to cut deep, which will probably leave a small "pot mark". If that happens you can always have a skin graft or other cosmetic surgical procedure to repair the pot mark.

Other than that you should have no problem.

Best of luck.

-h

Last edited by hairier yet..; 12-17-2007 at 08:51 AM.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
(female)

anxiety27 HB User

Thanks for your reply. The way the doctor is going to do it, is he cuts the area in the shape of an almond around the mole, then applies sutures within the grain of the skin, in its own natural lines. So I'm not sure about getting it deeper into the root because he is cutting it entirely out and then stitching it all up. A plastic surgeon is doing it so I hope it will be great.

Closed Thread