It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

Misty05 HB User
Recurrent skin problem

Since July this year I have had a recurrent skin rash (if you can call it a rash)that just wont seem to go away.

It starts of with a couple of spots on my chin (just below the corner of my mouth). The spots (usually 2-3 which are not normal everyday spots which you can squeeze) then go hard over night and I am left with a flaky area on my chin (looks like the skin is burnt). The area is always inflammed.

Just as it looks like it is starting to clear up the whole process starts again. My stupid doctor thought it was impetigo and prescribed me anti-biotics which I took and they did nothing. I have has impetigo as a child and what I have on my chin looks nothing like impetigo as it never spreads anywhere else! Does anyone have any ideas or have had anything similar.

Could it be diet related...a yeast infection????

Please help as it's driving me made not knowing what it is.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: Recurrent skin problem

Gosh, no idea Can you go to a dermatologist? I'm assuming you're going to a GP. Good luck

[QUOTE=Misty05;3359862]Since July this year I have had a recurrent skin rash (if you can call it a rash)that just wont seem to go away.

It starts of with a couple of spots on my chin (just below the corner of my mouth). The spots (usually 2-3 which are not normal everyday spots which you can squeeze) then go hard over night and I am left with a flaky area on my chin (looks like the skin is burnt). The area is always inflammed.

Just as it looks like it is starting to clear up the whole process starts again. My stupid doctor thought it was impetigo and prescribed me anti-biotics which I took and they did nothing. I have has impetigo as a child and what I have on my chin looks nothing like impetigo as it never spreads anywhere else! Does anyone have any ideas or have had anything similar.

Could it be diet related...a yeast infection????

Please help as it's driving me made not knowing what it is.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

Misty05 HB User
Re: Recurrent skin problem

Thanks Mossflower...

I feel really pathetic going to the doctor again as I feel my problem is so MINOR compared to what other people go through/have in their lives. I'll see what it's like in the new year and then go back to my doc again and see if they can refer me to a dermotologist.

Closed Thread