It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Unhappy skin reaction to adhesive strips from surgery

Hello everyone,

I recently had a lump removed from my breast, and the area was covered with a large amount of sterile padding (much more than was needed!). The adhesive made it VERY painful to remove from my skin to change to a smaller, fresh dressing. I still cannot get all of the sticky residue to come off. My mother works at a hospital and is bringing me skin adhesive remover, HOWEVER, my skin is very sensitive and already had a very bad reaction to the adhesive. I have a painful red rash all over my chest from it!

Is there anything I can use to make this go away? The surgery was minor, so I'm pretty annoyed that I have such a rash now. I bought a gorgeous dress for New Year's Eve, but I don't want to wear it if I still have this visible rash! Help please.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
Re: skin reaction to adhesive strips from surgery

I know this is kind of late to respond but I had the same thing happen. I had breast surgery and then got a reaction from the adhesive. Then, when they put smaller ones on, I reacted to that adhesive also. It took weeks to disappear.

Now, the only bandaid I can wear are the Nexcare Waterproof ones. The Bandaid brand waterproof ones will give me a reaction.

Allergies to adhesives are fairly common. I never had a problem with this until my 30s.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread