It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
(male)

keenor HB User
Lump/Sack Under Earlobe

I have this lump, but it's more like a sack like thing. It's right behind and under my earlobe, and it's slightly painful to sleep on that side. (Right) It HAS burst in my sleep before leaving a large amount of blood and a yellowish fluid on my pillow. It was then smaller, but slowly came back to original size and is annoying me again. What could this be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: Lump/Sack Under Earlobe

Sounds like it could very well be a cyst.
How long have you had it? I would have it checked out to be safe and have it removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
(male)

keenor HB User

I've had it for 2 months or more. The layer of skin covering it seems to be significantly thinner than other skin. It's about half an inch in diameter. I'm thinking it could possibly be some sort of infection, because when it gets irritated and I try to relieve it (poking and squeezing etc.) I begin to feel slightly ill for some odd reason.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

[I]Sounds[/I] like a cyst.
My husband had one many years ago on his earlobe! It looked like he had a gigantic gumball in his lobe. It was very red, hot, and painful to say the least. When he went to the doctor the doctor said it was best to let it burst on its own; or he could have lanced it in the office. My husband waited and a few days later he said he felt it pop. That night I had to clean it out and I'm not one for the "gross" stuff. Yellow, green puss then the white. Took forever!! Once the cyst became like a hard knot, week or so later, he then had the doctor remove it. Fortunately it has never come back, but there is no guarantee. Wouldn't hurt to have it looked at if nothing happens soon.
Possibly putting a hot wash cloth on it may make it come to a head sooner.
I'm thinking you feel ill from the pain of it.
Keep an eye on it as it is close to your brain. You don't want to have an infection starting by having it burst within.

Closed Thread