It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
(male)

matt91 HB User
Red Hands

Hi, I have a problem with my hands. They turn red when they are down by my side, and when elevated, they return to my normal skin color. During the morning, it's not as bad, sometimes, it doesnt even happen. As the day goes on, my hands start to turn red when they are down. I do notice that they are more prone to do this during the winter months, not so much during spring or summer, and any time its warm or hot out. Im positive its not Reynauds, because my hands just turn red, not blue, and white, and purple. I can rule out cyanosis too, because my hands turn red, not blue. After I get out of the shower, they turn really red, and I usually shower with mild to hot temperatures of water. Im a pretty active person, I lift/work out regularly, but I do notice that they turn red when I work out as well. Im not overweight or anything either, Im 16, 5'8'', and 135lbs. Someone told me that it maybe because of high blood pressure. Currently, I do not know my blood pressure, so I couldnt be sure about that. I have in the past few days however, cut back on sodium, and Im eating more foods with potassium(to try and level out my blood pressure in the event I DO have high blood pressure). My hands also turn red when Im out with my girlfriend, with friends, or in public in general. Im not a nervous or worried or anxious person, so I dont beleive its stress. In actuality, Im most comfortable when Im with my girlfriend or friends, so I doubt I could be stressed somehow, but maybe subconciously? As you can tell, Im pretty desperate for an answer as to why my hands do this, and I would like some feedback on how to fix this problem as well.

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread