It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
(female)

flytreeleaf HB User
skin change from oily to dry

in a matter of about three days, my normally oily face (which i have to powder or blot several times a day) turned extremely dry (now i have to put on a heavy moisturizer about 4 times a day to prevent peeling).

my nose and forehead are not that dry. my chin, cheeks, and along my jaw are constantly dried out. the skin around my lips is cracking.

this started out as a rash (which i've never gotten before) that spread along my chin, cheeks, and jaw. every pore in these areas was a raised bump. once the rash went away, that's when my oily turn became dry. it's been dry for a week or so now.

what's going on??

Old 01-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

alltimelowxx HB User
Re: skin change from oily to dry

wow... i thought i was just a freak lol
my skins always been oily.. and my face is always red. mostly my cheeks. so i use way too much foundation then im supposed to... and i used to put powder on the shiny places after every class at school. but now it gets shiny but when i put powder on it.. it gets really gross and looks flaky and dry. its a battle everyday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: skin change from oily to dry

Hrm.... have you changed any of your makeups or moisturizers? Could be having a reaction to that if so. Also, women are so darn prone to skin changing from hormone levels...

This happened to me once but it was after I had to walk to work one day in the winter. My entire face got got blasted by super cold air and cracked and peeled for the next week or two

Sorry Im not more help

[QUOTE=flytreeleaf;3366118]in a matter of about three days, my normally oily face (which i have to powder or blot several times a day) turned extremely dry (now i have to put on a heavy moisturizer about 4 times a day to prevent peeling).

my nose and forehead are not that dry. my chin, cheeks, and along my jaw are constantly dried out. the skin around my lips is cracking.

this started out as a rash (which i've never gotten before) that spread along my chin, cheeks, and jaw. every pore in these areas was a raised bump. once the rash went away, that's when my oily turn became dry. it's been dry for a week or so now.

what's going on??[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread