It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

temoty HB User
Very Red Face With Flaking Dry Skin On Face

Hi everyone,

i'm so glad i found this forum. My dermatologist diagnosed it as sebborehic dermatitis...

i also have it on my scalp. So it's the face and scalp.

It drives me crazy sometimes. I've used some topical steroids like Elidel and desonide...

I think it's somethign internal.

Can anyone tell me what has worked to cure this for them? I would really appreciate it.

Diet? Salt and Water? Probiotics?

Any advice is appreciated

thanks,

Tyler

Old 12-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
(male)

temoty HB User
Re: Very Red Face With Flaking Dry Skin On Face

Please anyone have any advice?? this has me really scared...i'm afraid my face is going to be red the rest of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
(female)

interstate495 HB User

I have a derm appointment tomorrow with the same thing on my face, the the primary care doc gave me a prescription for Nizarol cream which has helped
also I started to eat Dannon activa yogurt, I read an article that said sebboric dermatitis is inked to yeast? and apparently it has active live cultures that are supposed to help. the other thing I have been using is a cream called Eucerin calming cream it says it's clinically proven effective for dry itchy skin, you can get it in the local cvs in the moisturizer aisle it's an 8.0 oz tube I found it really helped stop the itch, if I have any more info to share after I have seen the dermatologist I will post

good luck

Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
(female)

Mossflower HB User

A former co-worker of mine had this and she used to drink a LOT of water.. she said it seemed to help with the symptoms.

I get eczema which is terribly dry and itchy and just as bad looking... I use Aveeno cream as a moisturizer. I'm not sure what you would use to get the redness to go away though. I now have a couple different script creams for the eczema.

I don't know how long you have had this condition, but if you're not having luck with your current meds, call your doctor and tell them. Perhaps they can suggestion something different. Also,if you've been using the same med over time, sometimes you can build up a resistance to it, therefore, swtiching to a new med can help, as the former med is no longer effective.

Good luck

[QUOTE=temoty;3367646]Hi everyone,

i'm so glad i found this forum. My dermatologist diagnosed it as sebborehic dermatitis...

i also have it on my scalp. So it's the face and scalp.

It drives me crazy sometimes. I've used some topical steroids like Elidel and desonide...

I think it's somethign internal.

Can anyone tell me what has worked to cure this for them? I would really appreciate it.

Diet? Salt and Water? Probiotics?

Any advice is appreciated

thanks,

Tyler [/QUOTE]

Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
(female)

EveT HB User

So Hybrid2007, I am wondering if eating the yogurt cleared up your flaking skin? I have suffered for two years. Any new suggestions? Mine is mostly around my eyes, with patches on my neck and around my mouth. My eyelids itch and then scale off. It's disgusting. Please help. EveT

Closed Thread