It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
(male)

preferstobeanon HB User
Facial rash originating from chapped lips.

Maybe you guys can help me out here with some experience. Before I begin may I say what a pleasure it is to discuss dry skin issues with so many people who are like me and not like anyone I know who has seemingly perfect skin.

...Every now and again we all get chapped lips, but every now again in my case i start getting the little red inflamation underneath the lips which in the past has turned into a full blown face hell. But sometimes (like right now) it just goes to the chin and it is extremely irritating. Not to meniton my chin itches like crazy. Has anyone had a problem with this in the past? Does anyone know of any ointment I can use that would alleviate redness/dryness/itchiness without causing the rash to spread? I have been using vasoline thus far with mediocre results, I mainly do it to take my mind of the misery.

Basically does anyone here get nasty rashes around the mouth that may have orginated from chapped lips? I understand it could be an allergy but allergy's don't stick around for days, or so I know of, and I didn't eat anything strange (that I know of).

Thanks guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
(female)

shadowfax77 HB User
Re: Facial rash originating from chapped lips.

I'm pasting in my post from another post because yes, I have had similar. And it's very odd. I think you maybe are having an allergy. We wonder if we have poison oak in our backyard and it is getting airborn or something because I have similar and it is embarassing and I've found that vasoline actually makes mine blow up in fullblown skin problems. You might try straight aloe from a plant, I've heard that antibiotic/cortisone cream is a good idea, and vitamin E oil. For me, none of these help.

It is painful and itchy and for me, many things have been ruled out --- the doctor told me I have fordyce spots and sent me on my merry way. It is an embarassing problem to have - right there on my face! And yet, I have been tested for most things it could be (herpes, etc negative), and I am in good shape/health.

1. there are triggers - for me it is seasonal - April-May/September
2. it gets worse and worse (starts red and small just under lips and near corners, then yellow and blistery, starts at corners of mouth as small bumps, over weeks it spreads over lips as large blisters, spreads over face if untreated, have small white bumps in throat too, seems to go along with a cold and general mild seasonal allergies, and lips swell up *real* big) until I have to take a prescribed oral steroid
3. seems to go along with some (initial) indigestion
4. I don't get it any other time of the year.

I would like to hear what anyone has to say to both your problem and mine --- since my doctor cannot figure it out. I am to go to the doctor soon, because the process is starting once again. I have gone through this every year now for three years and am tired of taking prednisone for it...

We do have many food allergies in my family - to both wheat and milk. I have quit those cold turkey for the moment and have not noticed improvement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread