It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
(male)

nate1210 HB User
Strange Bump On Penis Shaft - Pusy with white liquid

Well about 2 months ago I noticed a strange bump on the shaft of my penis (about halfway up). Just a little bump, no more then maybe a few millimeters in length. No pain, it wasn't red or even abnormal looking. I played it off for about 4 or 5 weeks. Then, a few days ago this bump started to swell up a bit. It became sensitive to the touch, slightly irritated (red around the outside), and began to swell a tiny bit.

Well today, when I went into the shower and looked at it again, I noticed the bump was even more irriritated. And strangest of all, a tiny bit of pusy white liquid was just barely squeezing from the bump's head. The liquid was sticky and came out when I squeezed the bump, almost like a pimple. I tried to get all of this stuff out, but only a tiny bit came out and then the bump was closed again.

However, at this point the bump's swelling has gone done, the puss is gone, and the irritation is going away. But the bump at this point and time is still there. I put some alcohol on it when the puss was coming out, and the swelling has all but stopped. I'm hoping it heals.

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there a way to get rid of this? Could it be a symptom of something more? I believe and hope that it's just a pimple or something like that, and completely harmless. But I'd like to hear someone else's opinion, I am certainly no expert.

Thanks for any advice.

Signed,

Worried

Last edited by nate1210; 01-04-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: Strange Bump On Penis Shaft - Pusy with white liquid

No idea on this one but I'd get that checked out ASAP just to be certain its not herpes or anything else that could be contagious. It might be kind of embarrassing to go to a doc for that but it will give you peace of mind in the long run, I think (and protect future partners). If you don't have health insurance, check out a free clinic. Its probably nothing but a clogged oil gland but getting it checked out would be the best idea.

[QUOTE=nate1210;3375198]Well about 2 months ago I noticed a strange bump on the shaft of my penis (about halfway up). Just a little bump, no more then maybe a few millimeters in length. No pain, it wasn't red or even abnormal looking. I played it off for about 4 or 5 weeks. Then, a few days ago this bump started to swell up a bit. It became sensitive to the touch, slightly irritated (red around the outside), and began to swell a tiny bit.

Well today, when I went into the shower and looked at it again, I noticed the bump was even more irriritated. And strangest of all, a tiny bit of pusy white liquid was just barely squeezing from the bump's head. The liquid was sticky and came out when I squeezed the bump, almost like a pimple. I tried to get all of this stuff out, but only a tiny bit came out and then the bump was closed again.

However, at this point the bump's swelling has gone done, the puss is gone, and the irritation is going away. But the bump at this point and time is still there. I put some alcohol on it when the puss was coming out, and the swelling has all but stopped. I'm hoping it heals.

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there a way to get rid of this? Could it be a symptom of something more? I believe and hope that it's just a pimple or something like that, and completely harmless. But I'd like to hear someone else's opinion, I am certainly no expert.

Thanks for any advice.

Signed,

Worried [/QUOTE]

Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
(male)

nate1210 HB User

Well I'm not sexually active so I know it's not herpes or anything like that. The swelling went down and now it's just a red bump again.

I'm still pretty worried about it, I may go to a doctor but like you said, I'd rather not for money/embrassment if it's nothing major. Also, I'm 16 and I would be even more uncomfortable talking about this with my parents.

I don't think it's cancer or anything life threatening (you guys agree), but I want to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Last edited by nate1210; 01-06-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
(female)

Mossflower HB User

Well, if you're concerned about it showing up on a medical health insurance bill, you could do a couple of things.

You could talk with your school nurse. I'm a teacher, so believe me, the teachers and the nurses have heard it all and yes, we keep it confidential.

You could also go to a free clinic or the department of health. It might take a few phone calls to track one down, but sometimes they will offer anonymous appointments or low cost appointments.

Additionally, you could call an Ask-A-Nurse hotline which is anonymous or, you could call your regular doctor's office and talk to one of their nurses. You don't have to give your name either.

Its good to hear that you're not sexually active; that will eliminate quite a few things. Hopefully, this is nothing, but should serve as a strong reminder to you in the future to always BE SAFE And kudos for you for keeping healthy

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mossflower

[QUOTE=nate1210;3377973]Well I'm not sexually active so I know it's not herpes or anything like that. The swelling went down and now it's just a red bump again.

I'm still pretty worried about it, I may go to a doctor but like you said, I'd rather not for money/embrassment if it's nothing major. Also, I'm 16 and I would be even more uncomfortable talking about this with my parents.

I don't think it's cancer or anything life threatening (you guys agree), but I want to get rid of it. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Mossflower; 01-07-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Closed Thread