It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

julia13 HB User
Question staph

hi i'm new to this. for the past year i have had this lump at the base of my back right above my bum. it started when i went to the emergency room it got itchy and swollen and was very painful and any movement or pressure hurt. it went away in about 5 days. and then in may about a week or 2 after i had my baby it was swollen again and i couldn't move, it cause severe pain in my hip and thigh muscles and about 3 days into it, it started oozing this brownish red liquid and it had an awful smell like dead flesh. well it cleared up but the skin always has a discoloration and every so often it swells a little or it oozes not that bad and it doesn't stink but this is very frustrating i clean it a few times a day and either put neosporin on it or tea tree oil it just doesn't want to go away. i've tried to figure out what it is and i believe it's a boil/ staph infection. if anyone knows what to do advice is welcome. and the dr. isn't really an option i have no insurance and can't afford to pay. i do use homeopathic remedies so any information with nutritional and supplemental remedies is welcome thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
(female)

Mossflower HB User
Re: staph

Hi There

It sounds like there is an ongoing infection in there & its probably a boil. I would switch to hydrogen peroxide and clean that out every couple of hours for about a week or so. Put a warm compress on it to get the scab off and then get peroxide in there to clean & dry it out. Dump the peroxide on it - dont just dab at it with a cotton ball- pour it over it and use a lot or get someone to help you with it. Tea tree oil is amazing stuff but I've found that peroxide is better.

Get it to dry out and cover it with gauze to let the air in. & be sure to wash your hands before & after treating the infected area.

and I sympathize - I'm sure it terribly painful

Good luck

[QUOTE=julia13;3375697]hi i'm new to this. for the past year i have had this lump at the base of my back right above my bum. it started when i went to the emergency room it got itchy and swollen and was very painful and any movement or pressure hurt. it went away in about 5 days. and then in may about a week or 2 after i had my baby it was swollen again and i couldn't move, it cause severe pain in my hip and thigh muscles and about 3 days into it, it started oozing this brownish red liquid and it had an awful smell like dead flesh. well it cleared up but the skin always has a discoloration and every so often it swells a little or it oozes not that bad and it doesn't stink but this is very frustrating i clean it a few times a day and either put neosporin on it or tea tree oil it just doesn't want to go away. i've tried to figure out what it is and i believe it's a boil/ staph infection. if anyone knows what to do advice is welcome. and the dr. isn't really an option i have no insurance and can't afford to pay. i do use homeopathic remedies so any information with nutritional and supplemental remedies is welcome thanx[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Mossflower; 01-05-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Grammar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread