It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

yardsailer HB User
itch like crazy and red bumps like bites

for 2 months now, i have been going thru breakouts on different parts of my body. it always appears in a different area. starting on my part of my chest, then back, then stomach, waist, then back again in a different spot, etc. the rash starts off like insect bites, red and raised, starts itching like mad, for about 4 to 5 days, then gets even with skin and almost fades away but not quite for about a week, then starts again. no new drugs, food, soap, clothes, etc. not bedbugs. no bumps below the elbow, or on the legs below thighs.
any ideas? i did go to the doctor and she said if she didnt know, but if it kept coming to go to a spec. but unfortunately, for a dr to see what i is i have to be seen on the first day it starts, which so far has not been possible with the drs i have tried.
when it first started, i rewashed every piece of clothing in my closet, and all my bed linens just in case, but no help.
anyone ever had anything like this??? or ideas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chablis3 HB User
Re: itch like crazy and red bumps like bites

Hi yardsailer, I will tell you my recent experience! Two weeks ago I woke up itching on the inner thigh area, and right lower side. I felt bumps there, also, and real bad itchiness. I used some cortisone5, and after a day or so, it went away. Did what you did, washed everything, racked my brains wondering what product I used new? It came back a few days later, this time on the left side, under my arms, and right lower hip. I went to the doctor, and he said it was a yeast thing (candida), which scared me. I thought it was something I picked up in a public bathroom (I try to be careful, but you never know). The doc said this is something that just pops up, and is not catchy. Gave me Ketoconazole 2% cream and it went away in a few days. Hasn't come back, and I hope it doesn't.

Just a suggestion, and maybe you can talk to your doctor about the cream I used.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Judy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread