It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
(female)

ADKOP HB User
Non-itchy chicken pox?

So my mother, grandmother, and aunt all believe I have chicken pox but the weird thing is they don't itch! I have these red spots all over my body (my tummy, my inner thighs, the back of my knees, my underarms, all the warm areas) and I've been fighting a stomach virus the past couple days. The women in my family say that the achey stomach and the chicken pox go together. But I have no fever or anything else.

My spots are kind of faded but as soon as I take a hot bath or shower they start popping out and becoming more noticable. I'm not using any new soaps or shampoos so I don't think it's an allergic reaction or anything. And I haven't eaten anything weird or tried new medication. Also, the spots are all different. Some are larger and are drying out and crusting over, some look just like pink mosquito bites, and some are itty bitty tiny little red dots.

The women in my family have been through 18+ kids all together with chicken pox and they really believe that's what I have by looking at my spots but shouldn't they be itchy?

I had the first chicken pox shot in 2000 but I never got the second one I was supposed to. Did I just get a mild case of the chicken pox because I wasn't fully vaccinated or what? Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to ADKOP For This Useful Post:
flmorgan (04-09-2012)
Closed Thread