It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
(female)

Ahenii HB User
Need Advice with Eczema

I've been diagnosed with eczema from a young age, about probably 4 years ago i started having really bad reactions on my neck and arms in both areas there are very distinct lines where they stop. On my neck it usually stops right at the chin but recently it's been going up to the face as well... then it'll stop 3 or 4 inches below the collar bone. The arms it stops about where 3/4 length sleeves would go. I'm very frustrated with this because it used to actually go away but i just recently got off a 15 day thing of prednisone and it's right back to how it was before. I know the steroids only help with the healing of the skin but shouldn't it have stayed more than a day? in the last month i've used probably one and a half tubs at 13 oz each of vaseline... but i just don't see the moisture helping... I have an allergy to dustmites so i have filters and casings on my bed and pillows as well as i frequently wash my pillow cases and sheets. I'm taking Allegra and singular(for asthma) in the mornings and benadryl before bed. Anyone have any ideas? I would really really appreciate you're help.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

felix61379 HB User
Re: Need Advice with Eczema

I have suffered from several different skin problems over the course of my life. My son who is 3 also suffers worse than I do. We took him to an allergist 2 weeks ago b/c of his tonsils. While there, there doctor noticed his terrible skin (keratosis, eczema and icthyosis) all over. He suggested bathing him everyday for ten minutes and then covering him immediately with Aquaphor afterwards. Also applying the Aquaphor 3-4 times a day as well. I was skeptical, but he has had major improvement. I never ever ever found vasaline to do anything for me other than make me greasy. Good luck! I hope this helps. (my son was found to have no allergies either!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

Use a bath oil every day (AlphaKeri or the RiteAid generic, either will do) pat skin dry, dont run... this will remove the protective layer of oil.

Apply a 10% Urea cream (NutraPlus lotion etc) to any dry areas two or three times a day

Take Evening Primrose Oil, 6gm per day, and fish oil, 6gm per day (2x100omg caps of each with each meal) Again, the store brand generics are fine.

As a long term solution, taking a dose of methotrexate once a week can be very effective, and quite safe. The Royal new Zealand Society of Dermatologists has a monograph on it... google Eczema + methotrexate

Last edited by aussiejono; 05-18-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

You can also look for a Calendula salve. It has a great ability to heal the skin. Remember that something is causing the eczema and the manifestation of the eczema is just a symptom so you are just treating the sympton. Allergies, toxins, and vaccinations can be a cause of eczema that I know of, there are probably other causes. Have you ever done a cleansing of your body? Perhaps removing harmful toxins that build up in the body may help relieve the eczema for you. It is worth a try.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
(female)

Ahenii HB User

Yes i have cleansed my body... but that one didn't really help... Recently we've gone through the times when my skin has been the best... and we're starting to look at food allergy... and the most common being milk... and we're starting to think that's what it is... i have a patch test schedualed in th end of june... and hopefully we can schedual asap a food allergy test...

Aussiejono: What is all of that going to do? And by running... do you mean like physically running?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

tasha92337 HB User

Eczema is caused because of a clogged liver which links to digestion problems.
It's always best to attack the root interally and cleaning the liver is a good start. I suggest Taurine 3000mg, vitamin b complex, kefir, fish oil, zinc, and a good multivitamin mineral supplement. Taurine is the MAIN one that will clean liver and help body to absorb nutrients.

Hope I helped

Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

"clogged liver "

sounds like she should use Drano, not Taurine!

Closed Thread