It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
Tiny White Bump On Face Right Under Eye

I have a tiny white bump on my face and underneath my eye. It is not on my eye or eyelid like a sty (spelling?) would be but rather on my face like a pimple almost. I've had it for several weeks now and it still hasn't gone away. It wont pop either(sorry..I know that sounds gross) and I cant seem to get it to go away. It hasn't gotten any bigger but I need to know how to treat it. I've been using Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure face cream scrub in hopes that the microbeads would scrub it away but it hasn't. Is there another product I should try? What do you suggest? I'm trying to avoid a dermatologist if at all possible due to limit funds at the moment... THANKS ~ Catherine

Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
(female)

Nanny948 HB User
Re: Tiny White Bump On Face Right Under Eye

[QUOTE=Catherine83;3586778]I have a tiny white bump on my face and underneath my eye. It is not on my eye or eyelid like a sty (spelling?) would be but rather on my face like a pimple almost. I've had it for several weeks now and it still hasn't gone away. It wont pop either(sorry..I know that sounds gross) and I cant seem to get it to go away. It hasn't gotten any bigger but I need to know how to treat it. I've been using Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure face cream scrub in hopes that the microbeads would scrub it away but it hasn't. Is there another product I should try? What do you suggest? I'm trying to avoid a dermatologist if at all possible due to limit funds at the moment... THANKS ~ Catherine[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

Nanny948 HB User

I had a tiny white bump under my eye a few years ago. It was the size of a pin head. I would wash my face and sometimes it would bleed. I finally went to the dermatologist and I found out that I had basil cell cancer. I had it removed. The doctor did a biopsy it to confirm it was cancer. It looked really ugly for about a month, but healed very well with very little scaring. This does need to be taken off if it is cancer, because it could become deadly if it is not taken care of. It is very rare that it would become deadly as I was told by my doctor. I have had several other pre-cancerous spots removed off of my face since. I go in and have my body checked every 4 months now as a precaution. I hope this helps you. I don't mean to scare you.

Sincerely, Nanny948

Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Catherine,

What are you using (if anything) to remove your eye make-up. Assuming that you wear eye make-up, it is very important that you remove it before you go to bed w/ a proper product. I am a medical esthetician and I see a lot of white bumps or milia and most of the time they are caused by improper removal of cosmetics

Old 05-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

I use a lot of eye makeup..and there are times when I think I have removed it all but when I wake up the next morning and look in the mirror I have dark makeup under my eyes... So yes, I'm not removing it well enough. I have been using just a makeup removing cloth by olay because I've never found an eye makeup remover that isn't oily. I cannot stand to get that in my eyes. I usually put it on a piece of toilet paper and just rub. After that I use a Garnier Facial scrub and finish it off with a garnier lotion. The bump is VERY small and looks just like a pinpoint size whitehead. However, it does feel hard to the touch but is not painful. Also, I do not go to tanning beds and I ALWAYS wear SPF 20 (it is in my makeup and in my lotion that I put on before I apply my makeup). Is this bump something serious? Will it go away? Is there something that I can do to it to make it go away faster or do I need to see a doctor? Right now I'm trying the refining mask by proactive and I'm using it just on that bump all night. Also, what makeup removing do you suggest?? THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING MY POST ~ Catherine

Last edited by Catherine83; 05-31-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Wanted To Add something

Old 05-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

UPDATE: I tried some spot treatment last night with the Proactiv Refining Mask on that one small bump and it actually brought it to a head. After I washed my face this morning, (sorry I know it is gross again...but) it actually popped and looks fine now. I do believe that this is from the eye makeup that I'm not removing well. Please let me know any suggestions on a good remover that is non-oily and also a good cleaner. Thanks so much ~ Catherine

Old 05-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

One more thing..by saying that the bump popped...I didn't mean that I squeezed it...it just popped while washing my face

Closed Thread