It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
(female)

Vienne99 HB User
bed bugs or paranoia?

Hi,
I wonder if I have bed bugs and want to know if anyone has experienced something similar or knows anything about the topic.

About a week ago, I rented a mattress from rent-a-center. It seemed clean (albeit used) so I put a clean set of sheets on there and thought nothing of it. Well, a couple of days later, I found a spot on the inner side of my foot. It's small, red, and doesn't really itch or hurt. It kind of looks like a tiny boil or something along those lines. Another bump popped up next to it but it quickly faded (I almost can't see it now. Once again, very little itching or no pain). I also found a spot on my lower back. Again, the two spots (the first one and the one on my back) itch rarely (and I think it might be more psychological than anything else but I don't want to rule anything out just yet) and do not hurt. They are very small but very red, almost like pimples.

I looked for bed bugs around the mattress but didn't see any. Also, I haven't found any insect feces or blood stains on my sheets (***** mentioned that such stains are a sign of bed bugs). However, because it's a rental mattress and because I've only had it a week, I'm beginning to worry it might be bed bugs. Does this sound like such a case or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User
Re: bed bugs or paranoia?

I would definately get rid of that mattress.

I saw a news story about that last week. These places say the used mattresses are cleaned but it is only with something like frebreeze and nothing that kills bugs, germs, etc.

If places do it right, with the necessary chemicals, than all should be well.

After seeing that show, I will not ever sleep on a used mattress no matter how they tell me it was cleaned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
(female)

yellow10 HB User

'definitely' get rid of the mattress. Bed bugs are becoming an epidemic again, and I would never buy used furniture again, if it's made of wood or cloth. The bites usually turn up 3 in a row or sometimes 1 bite here 1 bite there...but usally the "row" of bites is an indicator....

Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
(female)

bearsmom HB User

Hello,
If you see my post I'm going through the bed bug thing...it's so gross . First of all my mattress had no signs at all that I had any bugs..they hide inside. People that find signs have had bugs for a while. By law they can not spray mattress with chemicals to kill bed bugs, these little nasty critters dont die easy. Try and find them yea right.... I found bites and had a hard time finding them ( I'm going through hell I'm sure anyone that has had them knows what I mean ) if you think you may have bed bugs...ya may have. After so much research I have learned alot on my own cause I could find all the anwers. Bed bug bites don't always look like they show online nor do they always ich...it depends on the size of the bed bug baby bed bugs look like a poppy seed and only leave little pin size red boold dots under your skin ( ya cant feel any of the bugs craweling on you) the bigger baby bed bugs bite and leave a little blister like bump has a little ich to it. the bigger bed bug bites ich for weeks and the bite looks little bigger raised blister . This is so gross I feel like a pro anyway search your bed in the morning if there is any blood dots on your sheets or any black dots that should help you tell also use only white sheets so you can see what your looking for ( if you find a bug save it ) If you indeed have them call a professional nothing else works and you will lose your mind trying they will only treat for bed bugs if they no for sure you have them ( it's costly ) Good luck

Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
(male)

bob2009 HB User

wow, can i relate. i live in manhattan and i had these bites all over me and in my clothes. a new one everyday. they bit me on my face and came out as i slept. i sprayed lysol as told everywhere. threw out mattress and shoes boxes . bombed the apt with poison . froze them out with windows open in freezing weather . ( i left for the evening and) came back and had man come to spray again. i had no carpet thank goodness. it was the matress and they stayed there. brand new from popular com. in new york. i read an article in post how they were fined for selling used mattress's for new. i just ate the cost and bought the spongy kind that say rejects bed bugs. good luck it was awful and costly for me. a lot of people have to vacant and throw all out.

Closed Thread