It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
(male)

masterwilliams HB User
hole on my dad's back that ozzes out pus

hi, my dad has a hole on his back that me and my mom noticed. we were swimming and we went to the garage to play pool and I noticed as he was taking a shot he had about a tip of a pen sized hole in his back. I asked what it was and he didn't know about it. he sad squeeze it to see if anything comes out kiddingly, but white pus did (kind of smelled funky too) come out and a lot of it. that was a month ago and it is still there. he's said he's had it for a while but never really cared or thought much of it and for some reason he thinks it's an ingrown hair.

it's right on his back, a little above the middle of his back to the right of his backbone. it's doesn't look like a pimple, mole, or wart, just a hole like a big bug bit him.

what is it? why is there pus? should he have it looked at? will it ever go away?

---

and a side question for me, i recently went swimming for a few hours without sunscreen and i never really built up a good tan before then, so I easily burned.... now on my shoulders I have kind of... a group of bumpy things on both my shoulders. they seem to hurt worse than the rest of the sunburn where they aren't around. my mom asked if i had them before i got burned and i said no, so she said they just come with the burn and will go away with it.

what are they and will they go away with the burn? they're kind of soft... squishy.

danke

Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User
Re: hole on my dad's back that ozzes out pus

Your dad should see a doctor, it could be infected. It sounds like you may have blistered due to your sunburn. If it is blisters, then your skin will peel were it is burnt and blistered. Make sure you use a good sunscreen from now on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
(male)

masterwilliams HB User

hey thanks for the answers.

it turns out my dad did see a doctor a bit ago about the hole and the doctor said it was an ingrown hair, he neglated that part.

do ingrown hairs normally form a hole like that and uzze pus? he said the doctor didn't mention anything about infections and said it was nothing to worry about, but my dad is curious as to a reason why it's been there for so long and anyway to get rid of it.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User

try putting an antibiotic cream on it, like neosporin (sp?) and see if that helps.

Closed Thread