It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
(female)

star1979 HB User
melasma...how to cover it on upper lip?

has anyone got any advice on how to cover 2 blotchy brown patches of melasma on my upper lip?
i cant cover it successfully. everytime i put makeup on ,these brown patches turn a grey colour and looks awful. ive tried putting a tiny bit of concealer over them, and tried putting LOADS of concealer over them, neither works! its really getting to me, its affecting everything i do..i just dont want to go out any more because of it. out in broad daylight ,its a lot less noticeable with only foundation & a little powder on, but as soon as i go indoors where theres artificial lighting it stands out a mile!!!! why is that!!!
i did hear something about using a lavender correcting concealer for these types of imperfections,but not sure if they work?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

chris031181 HB User
Re: melasma...how to cover it on upper lip?

I am having the exact same issue! I took some advice from someone else experiencing the same thing. I went to Walmart and bought a product called Porcelana. It fades your dark spots! I was to the point too where I wouldnt go out anymore. Stay out of the tanning bed..That is all I have to say! I think that it when my started. When I go out in the sun at all, it does darken up. The only spot that I have it is right above my upper lip. I would wear a sunscreen on your face when you do have to be out in the sun. The product that I bought was very inexpensive and it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I have been very happY! Let me know if you decide to do this and Good LUCK!!!!

Last edited by chris031181; 07-12-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

amylove612 HB User

Oh my goodness! Im having the SAME exact problem. When I try to cover it up it just looks worse. It's so embarassing. And I noticed that it started when I started tanning. Im going to run right out to Walmart when I get off of work and cross my fingers that it works or I don't know what I am going to do.

Anyway I can still go tanning though. hahah I had to not be tan anymore. Pale with my acne doesn't look so great.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

MW3 HB User

Hey.. I had the same thing happen to me. my doctor said it was because I had to much estrogen and that the sun makes it come out more.. 2 years ago i was using tanning beds every so often.. and I was on a different birth control pill.
I stopped tanning all together, used a fading cream from sephora. I got put on the only no estrogen birth control pill there is and all was fine, it faded away.

But that birth control pill gave me bad PMS (my poor boyfriend) which i rarely get that bad...so I had to change to a different BC pill.. and now it has slowly started to come back, im sure this summer sitting in the sun for a few days deff didnt help.

IDK.. sux.

Reply Reply