It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

lorikuhl1966 HB User
Hard lump in armpit

My 18 year old daughter has had a hard lump in her armpit for 6 months. When this lump showed up she also had a red raised rash on her elbows and forearms that was extremely itchy. I took her to the Dr. 4 times and each time he prescribed a different ointment to put on it. The 5th visit he suggested that I take her to an allergist,thinking that she had developed an allergy to something. The allergist said that she had scabbies and prescribed a lotion that she needed to cover her entire body with. I got the impression that he had no clue what it was, and being that it was his last appointment on a beautiful Friday afternoon,he just wanted to get out of the office ASAP and instead of investigating any further, this is what he came up with. A friend of ours who happens to be a Pediatrition listened to our story and looked at my daughters rash. She believed that she had an infection in her body and prescribed an antibiotic. She took the medicine for 10 days and the rash cleared up. She still has the lumps in her armpit & it seems to have grown & gotten harder. I'm not sure which way to turn anymore. I believe that there is something else going on but I'm not sure who to take her to.

Closed Thread