It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Tiny red spots???

Does anyone know what would cause tiny red spots under the skin? It doesn't hurt, itch, it's not raised, there's just spots..maybe a dozen or so in just one little area not too far from the outside of my arm pit on the right side. Anyone have a clue what would cause that? Could it be heat? I just started laying out and although I lay out 15 min. at a time, I am pretty fair skinned. It's not burned in that area though at all. Thanks for the help!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Tiny red spots???

Heat rash most likely. They're called petechia and there are about a 100 different things that can cause it, from heat rash and bursting some tiny blood vessels while coughing/sneezing hard to vasculitis and Dengue fever. Don't worry though, 9 times out of ten it's heat rash.

Call your doctor if it doesn't go away in the next few days, or gets worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

bearsmom HB User
Angry Re: Tiny red spots???

Hello everyone,
Let me start by saying that these tiny red spots that turn brown over time is no joke at all.

They [COLOR="Red"]<edited: MIGHT be>[/COLOR]
baby bed bug bites...yes Bed bugs !! I always thought it was just a saying "don't let the bed bugs bite" but it is true. My husband and I stay in Atlantic City and brought a few bugs home with us, after looking up what kind of bug it was in our suit case...it freaked me out. I searched the house for weeks and look up online for signs but couldn't find any signs in our bed that we had any. I was loosing my mind over this whole gross thing. I was not ichy but I started getting little tiny red spots on me, my son, and my husband...I looked online to find no one really knew what they were. Then I found a bed bug in our bed ..
I called terminx to find they were bed bugs...Gross I feel like I have been invaded in my own home I can't sleep thinking of these little things sucking my blood at night. Well we are three weeks in treatment of our home( this can take up to a year) I went crazy through out new beds ect.. I now sleep on a blow up bed so they cant hide in my bed( they hide in your mattress til night) If you have tiny red pin dots on your skin or even have raises ichy bites ( the ichy ones come from the adult bed bugs and these bites ich for weeks) more than likely you have been sucked on by a bed bug...please check your home. I am told that bed bugs have come back after so many many years, and that most hotels have them and you just bring them home from a hotel or someone brings them to your home. The baby bed bugs look like poppie seeds you dont even see their legs or even see them crawl , but you know what they are when you kill them they leave a black smear. Please lets all be aware so that I never ever get these things again. My house has always been super clean you can eat off my floors ... not only dirty people can get these !!! I have never ever felt so grossed out in my life I spend me days steaming and cleaning over and over to end this problem. Good luck

Last edited by Administrator; 07-27-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: do not diagnose, just give a sugegstion

The Following User Says Thank You to bearsmom For This Useful Post:
Duncan123 (07-25-2012)
Closed Thread