It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
(female)

sh 08 HB User
Best at home treatment

I dont really suffer from acne but i do TONS of pores and blackheads and my skin is really starting to show its age!i have had them as long as i remember but now its too the point i can touch the side of my nose and literally the blackheads pop!! i would like to control or possibly make my face as blemish free as possible but would like to use an at home remedy or cleanser,any ideas?

Old 08-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Best at home treatment

Honey, there are so many of them - I know a lot about skin care and could help you with it.
#1 what you need is clean your face very well twice a day, especially before you go to bed. You have to exfoliate your skin 2-4 times a week. Based on what you explained, your skin is oily or combination...

Make sure your face wash has at least some of the following: alpha acid, beta acid, any other acids included or vitamin C. Natural exfoliators.
Wash your face very well with it, using a nice sponge or better is a nice old towel. Wet the towel, apply the cleaner over it and make sure you use it all over the face, especially around nose and nose areas. Rinse very well many times to remove all soap resedue.
Do not use soap on your face; too harsh and it will not work as well as face wash.
Than use a good face only exfoliator. I use Clarin's one - works the best for me. Work in round motions for about 3-5 minutes, wash well after.

Apply at night cream which again has either vit. C, retinol, retin A... you can talk to your dermatologist to give you RX for your face.

Home remedies you can use only on clear clean face; never use any masks on dirty face. You can wipe your face many times a day with a cotton ball rinsed in lemon water. I do it fresh every day: per 1/2 cup of water I squize 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Wipe your face; controls oils, reduces pores sizes, exfoliates dead cells.
Salt water made this way (one tsp per cup of water) works well for dirty pors too, but do it couple times a week only. For oily skin only.

Egg whites, bitten, couple of drops of lemon juice, raw honey. Apply on clear clean face (avoid eye area) for 10 minutes, rinse well. 2 times a week.
If you feel too tight - add 2 drops of olive oil to the mixture.

If you need more - I can provide many receipes of home made remedies.

Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread