It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Large lump in armpit

I think I may have posted here a while back about a little lump I found under my arm. I was told it was a cyst. Since it developed a few months ago, I have managed to pop it twice, once recently. And it was a very loud - yet not painful - pop. The lump went away, but I felt a tiny soreness where the lump was.

That lump was about the size of a BB gun pellet and was kind of solid. Very recently, I noticed in the place of the small, hard lump is a larger, somewhat soft lump. It's about the size of a quarter and it feels a little sore when I squeeze it. I have no idea what this is - an ingrown hair, a cyst, a chunk of fat, or something else. Cancer seems very unlikely. It is very much under my skin and not visible at all from the surface of my skin.

Should I try to lance or pop this lump? It does hurt a little when I apply pressure, but I think if I squeeze hard enough, this lump may pop as well. Would it cause an infection if I popped it? I am looking for potential 'home remedies' because I can't see a doctor for another three weeks, and even when I can, I have no idea if my mother - whose insurance I am still on - will take me seriously enough to allow me to see a dermatologist.

Even then...I'm a little iffy about having my doctor rooting around in my armpit.

And for the record, I have checked in other places where I have lymph nodes...and I have no lumps in my breasts, groin, neck or my other armpit. Just that one big lump under my right arm. I'm not too worried, but if this is something I can pop and get rid of, I'll so do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
(female)

clover86 HB User
Re: Large lump in armpit

Well...

like three days ago I woke up with a tiny pea size lump in my right armpit and I thought I has to be a bug bit since the night before I was outside and wearing a tank top.. where I live there are lots of bugs.. that just so happen to love my blood lol..

So my mom thought it was an engrown hair and she wanted to pop it, she tried and oh my gosh that hurt so bad not sure if anything cam out but there is no spot shoing an opening you know... and of course my mom followed me around want to have a close look... ha
so now its day three and the pea lump is smaller and seems to be going away. But it hurts when I press on it.. How long have you had your lump and have you messed with it for it to get bigger? I was worried it could of been a gland.. could yours be a gland?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Large lump in armpit

I don't want to scare you- but don't discount cancer. Breast cancer can occur in the tissue in the armpit as well as to the sides of the breasts. If you haven't identified it, see a doctor.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
(female)

clover86 HB User
Wink Re: Large lump in armpit

[QUOTE=EagleRiverDee;4300529]I don't want to scare you- but don't discount cancer. Breast cancer can occur in the tissue in the armpit as well as to the sides of the breasts. If you haven't identified it, see a doctor.[/QUOTE]

I will do that I go tomorrow and have her take a look at that will keep you posted.

Closed Thread