It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
(male)

anandsukul HB User
why there are cracks in the corner of my mouth

why there are cracks in the corner of my mouth though i'm suffering from sub-mucous-fibriosis of mouth too. is it because of that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
(female)

dmoonme1 HB User
Re: why there are cracks in the corner of my mouth

[QUOTE=anandsukul;3727698]why there are cracks in the corner of my mouth though i'm suffering from sub-mucous-fibriosis of mouth too. is it because of that?[/QUOTE]
Is there a yellow crust developing on the cracks? Do you smoke? It may be a staph infection. Every once in a while I lay my cigarette down on a curb or a strange stupid place, and the next day I get a cracking in the corners of my mouth. It will get worse if I don't treat it. I have been using an instant hand sanitizer because of the high alcohol content in it, and scratch off the crust, careful not to cross-contaminate. Staph is EXTREMELY contagious! So clean up diligently afterwards. Under nails too.

Last edited by dmoonme1; 09-18-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 AM   #3
(female)

sore1 HB User

I have a crack in the corner of my mouth also - I don't smoke, I've never had a cold sore it keeps breaking and then crusting over - What is it???

Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
(female)

dmoonme1 HB User

[QUOTE=sore1;4182499]I have a crack in the corner of my mouth also - I don't smoke, I've never had a cold sore it keeps breaking and then crusting over - What is it???[/QUOTE]
If it is a yellow crust it is most likely a staph infection. It takes a strong antibiotic creme or ointment to get rid of it. If you pick at it, you may cross contaminate anything you touch. Keep your hands sanitary. Purell or any hand sanitizer will do. Be sure to get under the fingernails too. Do't kiss anyone until your sure it is gone. Even your dog or cat can get this. If it starts to go up into your nose it can get to the brain, resulting in possible death. If you do get it in your nose call a doctor or health nurse.
Don't panic. If you stop it now, you should be fine. It does however, return on occasion. Try not to eat salty snacks until it's gone. Not only will it hurt, but the skin needs to heal. It's a hard place to heal, because of the obvious movements of the mouth, but it will heal eventually. The area of the mouth & tongue, are the fastest healing parts of the body, so be careful and patient.

Closed Thread