It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
(male)

nirvanabin HB User
itchy tiny puss filled bumps on arms and legs on hair folicles from childhood

Hi
I am 31 male, i have been having small itchy bumps on my skin at the root of the body hair, this is been from child hood but very few in number that created some scars and disappear over time. but from past 2 years this has increased drastically. These bumps started spreading on both the arms and shoulders for a year. After different medications the bumps disappeared from the arms to my legs. Almost every hair follicle has this pus filled bumps which dry up and then have to picked or pops out like white dry hard tinny balls and a new one forms again. I used to have Asthma as a child til the age of 15 i have taken inhalers like Beclamethasone etc. How do i get rid of them, i have been to many dermatologist who just tell its because of dry skin apply moisturizers etc , i have tried all moisturizers but this does not go. Kindly advise

Last edited by nirvanabin; 09-19-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: itchy puss filled bumps on arms and legs on hair folicles from childhood

Sounds like[I] Folliculitis[/I].

It may be from ingrown hairs or a bacterial or fungal (yeast) infection but it could also be from an autoimmune disorder so you need to see a good doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
(male)

nirvanabin HB User
Re: itchy puss filled bumps on arms and legs on hair folicles from childhood

[QUOTE=AuntieLeela;3734737]Sounds like[I] Folliculitis[/I].

It may be from ingrown hairs or a bacterial or fungal (yeast) infection but it could also be from an autoimmune disorder so you need to see a good doctor.[/QUOTE]
thank u so much for your reply, i have seen this problem with my dad and some of my cousins too but they just have very few in number but from years, i think its in the family, but mine was also just negligable as they used to be 4 or 5 and disapear with time, untill 2 years back when it was all over my arms and shoulders. Now my hands and shoulders are clear but my leg has become realy bad. Itchyness stops when i have food such as hot milk, apple, with some exercise. I always drank very less water from childhood, some how hate drinking water, now when iam drining lots of water i think there is a good releif in itchiness too. went to many Dr.s had many medicines still no cure, i think thats how it disaperad from arms and went to my legs and its realy bad now

Closed Thread