It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

anonlola HB User
Smile CURE to Keratin Pilaris (bumps on arms)

I have had this condition - bumps on my upper arms - for nearly 30 years -- up untill a few weeks ago when they CLEARED UP, disappeared. I run my hand over my arm now in disbelief how normal and relatively soft my upper arms are - something I never thought would happen... since the lac-hydrin the dermatologists prescribed didn't do much and was high-maintenance, retin-a and other abrasive ointments were tried. The best thing I found, up until THE CURE a few weeks ago was a neutrogena(?) Clear skin body cream that was helping and then it was discontinued.

So 2 months ago, I stopped eating CHICKEN. It is the ONLY thing that has changed from my diet. I did it because I am more pained by the killing of chicken and just can't eat it anymore. Up until a then - for the past year - i was having chicken at least once a day from lean cuisines or store bought cooked, or dining out...

The unexpected result is that my skin is smooth, and brown spots that had miraculously appeared overnight on my legs (i'm fair complected and figured that the sunburns had finally caught up to me since I otherwise look over 10 years younger. After reading more about keratin and chicken, and our "pilaris" syndrome being an over-production of keratin... I discovered keratin is a major component of CHICKEN FEATHERs - the hard insoluble substance... and that CHICKEN FEATHERS become "feathermeal" fed back to chickens (along with injected growth hormones and antibiotics), which means a chicken would have high keratin amounts...

MAYBE it's just ME - maybe the bumps on my arms are my own allergic reaction to chicken and won't explain why you have them. But just try and go without chicken and see if your bumps don't vanish like mine.

The IRONY if I am right - and I have no other theory that makes sense - is that this has all along been called "chicken skin" because if you look at uncooked chicken - what do you see? bumps all over....

Good luck... I can't believe I stumbled on this and hope it's the chicken which I'm never eating again! I still have red meat (hamburgers) about once a week, and I still eat fish. But I don't eat poultry now and that is only thing that explains the change....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

flan47 HB User
Re: CURE to Keratin Pilaris (bumps on arms)

thank you for posting. i will try this even though i love chicken. don't forget - that means turkey too!
flan

Old 11-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

anonlola HB User

In my further research online - to explain how eating chicken caused keratin pilaris - I have discovered that, like keratin pilaris, Alzheimers and Parkinson's (and Mad Cow Disease) are caused by a buildup of insoluble protein (the latter three in the brain). In keratin Pilaris - it's the keratin that is over-produced. I think keratin is the culpable protein for Alzheimers and Parkinson's as well.

<removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-26-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: do not post copyrighted material

Old 11-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

anonlola HB User

We have already seen how feeding meat and bone meal (cattle by-products) to cattle worked out: it resulted in Mad Cow Diseases - a disease characterized by the buildup of insoluble proteins and resulting in "dementia". The practice of feeding cattle-byproducts to cattle is now banned in most countries including the USA. therefore we consume no "extra" animal protein from dead carcasses nor do the cows.

CHICKENS, HOWEVER, ARE STILL FED CHICKEN BY-PRODUCTS (unless you get your food organic at Whole Foods per their literature). They are fed feathers of dead chickens - as a cheap feed and a way to get rid of the unwanted and growing billion tons of chicken feathers left over from chicken production. Chickens therefore consume extra protein from dead chickens... and many of us consume chickens. It follows that we would have extra insoluble protein buildup. chicken feathers main component is KERATIN.

The more I read about keratin - since I discovered my keratin pilaris virtually disappeared - you see how its very chemical makeup sounds like the proteins that are in tangled plaques in the brain that are found in autopsies of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's patients... and credited with blocking neurons and neurontransmitters from doing their job... and cells die...

too much keratin disrupts the epidermis in those with keratin pilaris...

Not incidentally, there was a report just out that said the San Joaquin Valley (central valley of Calfornia) reported a much higher incidence of Parkinson's - and the SJV just happens to have the top 4 chicken production counties in the state.

bottom line from my continued research: it's the keratin! I don't think it really ever becomes "soluble"... it shouldn't, it's supposed to be harder than finger nails...and even in a powder form I don't think it is "soluble"... I think it forms plaques - on the skin or in the brain - and results in keratin pilaris, or alzheimers, parkinson's...

Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
(male)

PAUL1414 HB User

hi......do u eat pork meat and others meats? please tell me others foods wit keratin??

thank you

Last edited by moderator2; 08-08-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: too much quote

Closed Thread