It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

DH59 HB User
Bruise turns to a rash?

A couple of weeks ago I fell over on some black ice and the following day a large bruise began to develop on my thigh - a little way below my right hip. I applied arnica cream and gradually the bruise began to recede, but in a very strange manner. It actually went clear from the centre outwards, until there was a 'ring of bruise' outlining where the bruise had been.

Then it started to itch. I thought nothing of this, with the usual belief that this signifies healing. Then a rash appeared and is constantly itching, a week or more following the disappearance of the actual bruise.

I have been applying all sorts of creams and potions, including hydrocortisone as well as a few natural remedies.

The thing that bothers me is that this now looks and feels very similar to a rash I had a couple of years ago. That one started on my waistline on my right side as a patch of redness (can't really associate it with anything that may have caused it) and gradually spread to my navel at the front and my spine at the back. After months of the doctor treating it as shingles and then dermatitis (catch-all diagnosis) he eventually referred me to the hospital where they did skin scrapings and found out it was fungal. Proper treatment eliminated it.

The reason I mention this previous fungal rash is that the way the bruise healed was very similar in pattern to the way a fungal infection spreads - from the middle outwards. Has anyone else had a bruise heal in this way? I haven't had such a large bruise before, so I don't know if this is normal.

I may be prone to fungal infections, as I have suffered from Athlete's Foot and fungal toenails, both of which were treated at the same time as the body rash, but this could still be in my system, I suppose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread