It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

melissa3160 HB User
long term itchy skin spreading oozing crusty scabs no relief

I started itching in in July on my inner shin and broke out with what was thought to be poison ivy. It is now January and I have not been able to let my leg heal due to the extremely severe itching. I have a 6 inch patch on my leg that is driving me crazy.It finally spread to my other inner shin last month and now is in on both of my arms, stomache, back, ect. Just by itching I get these small little clear bumps that when broken from itching become even more unbearable. When they do start to heal they will get a yellowsh crusty scab and the entire area is redish. All of a sudden my leg will itch sooooo bad that I will dig until I bleed and tear off the entire area where it was getting better. I have covered my body in bandages, hortizones, eucerin cream, I switched soaps, took oatmael baths, cool water baths, I am taking Zyrtec, but so far nothing. I itch almost all day long. It is all of a sudden spreading like crazy. I'm at my wits end. I am sitting here now and itch in 5 areas of my body. Please help!!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User
Re: long term itchy skin spreading oozing crusty scabs no relief

My two guesses are impetigo (an infection easily cleared up with a prescription cream) or scabies, a parasite infection that needs to be treated topically with lysine, a presccription lotion.
Being that you are getting oozing and crusting, I'm guessing impetigo. I had it once as a child and I remeber it being itchy, oozy, and the scabs just kept getting bigger and bigger. The doctor gave me a cream and I was cleared up within a few days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
(male)

horsies HB User

I would say you have a case of folliculitis witch is a bacterial infection of the hair follicules- look it up on the internet and compare pictures with what you have.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
(female)

sweetjerseygirl HB User

Please do yourself a favor sweetie, go to a dermatoligist and get a diagnosis, so you know exactly what your dealing with. They mentioned a few things they think it is but you need to know exactly, so you can get the proper medication and if you dont have insurance, find a walk in clinic, county clinic or perhaps the emergency room. But i think this has gone on long enough and you never know if your going to make it worse, why suffer like that ? Find out what your dealing with and take it from there. Good luck to you

Closed Thread