It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Coops2716 HB User
New moles/brown spots on face? Pls Help

Hi, basically Im not sure whether to be concerned and wasn't sure what area to put this post in.

It wasn't till I was looking through some pictures of me on hols last july that I noticed two little brown marks on my face, in the past few months they have got darker and basically just look like moles now. Ive recently noticed a few more very little moles aswell which are not as noticable but still were not there before.

I can see very tiny brown spots which are gradually getting bigger, one of which at quite a fast rate and Im worried that eventually that will look like another mole,as this is how the others started out. I can count 9 in total which are either very faint brown spots or moles which have appeared in the last 9 months or so.

Could it just be an aging thing? Im only 26, however I have very rarely used sunscreen because I suffer from acne and most things break me out, am I paying for this or could it be something worse?
Ive tried looking online but can't really find anything similar to my situation.

Just hoping someone might know something? Im thinking of booking an appointment with doctor but wanted some ideas first.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: New moles/brown spots on face? Pls Help

It's probably nothing, aging, sun damage, like you say - however, anything (mole, mark or freckle) that suddenly appears, changes in size or color - needs to be biopsied by a dermatologist. Especially any mole that looks different from your other moles.

I had two biopsied and removed a few months ago. I would have never guessed, they were normal looking except for the fact they were darker, almost black. Both came back "atypical" (pre-cancerous) and had to be removed completely.

PS - the medical term for age spots is "solar lentigo". You might find more real info/pics with that term. They can show up in folks under 40 - even in kids.

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 02-11-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Add info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
(female)

Coops2716 HB User
Re: New moles/brown spots on face? Pls Help

Thanks, I googled the name you mentioned, mine seem to start out like most pictures are showing like a light brown mark, but then they are turning darker and now look like moles. I think I will have to look into it further still, Im sure Im getting others around my body, which isnt really exposed to the sun that much.

Closed Thread