It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

chriswooten57 HB User
extreme rough dry hands

Hi

I have gardened for over 30 years and should have worn gloves, but it was too hard to work in them. I am paying for it now, because my hands are so dry and rough, that I hate to shake hands with people. I have tried everything. I purchased a hot wax hand machine, but it is so hot even on the lowest setting and my hands only feel good for a few minutes after taking the wax off. Anyone got any ideas.

I also have this problems on my face, feeling like I am wind burn all the time. I can not use many products on my face because they make my face burn. I generally use aveeno baby lotion on my face, but it does not do my hands any good.

Any ideas how to reverse any of the rough dryness to my hands from all the years of gardening. I am sure that is how I ruin my hands.

I am new to this site, so hope I posted in the right place.

Thanks

Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: extreme rough dry hands

I'm sure you will get many responses to this. Everyone has their favorite way of softening their hands. For me, being hydrated internally is important. I have hypothyroidism, which can cause dry skin. I also take allergy and asthma medication which dries out my skin. I take flax seed oil capsules which has helped tremendously with my dry skin. For both my hands and feet I slather on moisturizing cream and then cover with socks or gloves. Any socks or gloves will work, but I bought some at a drug store specifically for this purpose. The fabric doesn't absorb the cream. Using luke warm water rather than hot water will help a lot, too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread