It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
When can spider veins begin to show?

Spider veins sort of run in my family...my mom has them very badly and my grandma had them too (great-Grandma did not, oddly).

As I got out of the shower one day, I began to notice small noticeable veins on my legs that are bluish or purplish and appear to be very near the surface of my skin. They aren't enormous or thick or even dark, but I do see them.

I'm 21 and, needless to say, I'm starting to feel like an old lady! Due to scarring on my legs from dry skin and subsequent harsh itching, I don't show my legs anyway. But the appearance of what I think is the beginning stage of spider veins makes me feel mighty old.

Here's what I don't get...I am reading about these veins and I have read that they are caused by excessive walking. But then I read later that a way to reduce the spider veins is to walk. There are some things that may contribute, like me being overweight and the fact I often sit in chairs 'indian-style', which I read contributes to the appearance of the veins.

I'm not a skirt or shorts kind of girl, so I'm not really worried about these small veins. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was normal for these veins to begin to show a little in one's early twenties.

Closed Thread