It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

TGTB HB User
Hands peeling in small circles and wrinkly after effect

Hello,

I am new to this board, and I wanted to make a post about my problem since I haven't found a post that sheds any light on what could be happening with me.

I first noticed the peeling almost a year ago(when I was 24), randomly and it hasn't stopped. I get very small round peel spots that I can pick the skin off then it's gone basically. Then mostly on my fingertips and outer edges of my hands get real pink and wrinkly afterward. There are tiny white or red bumps that appear under the surface of the skin and they are a little sore to the touch. If I even get a small amount of liquid on my hands they will wrinkle as if I've soaked them for hours, and peel as well.

I have not used any different lotions or shampoo's or anything that may have triggered the peeling. I use organic soaps and body washes, and I don't have any medical conditions that I'm aware of that would add to this. I also asked my mom if anyone else in the family has the problem, and she said no. If anyone can help that would be great. I havent been able to see a doctor about this, as I have no insurance.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-29-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
(female)

Davidg127 HB User
Re: Hands peeling in small circles and wrinkly after effect

Ive seen a doctor for the same problem. He offered no real solution. So far Ive heard that 1) Chlorine from the pool might be causing the problem or 2) I might have a vitamin deficiency. The chlorine sounds the most realistic. This past week I went lap swimming on two occasions and I have a sudden outbreak of the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
(male)

ZRulz HB User
Re: Hands peeling in small circles and wrinkly after effect

I have the same problem with small red spots showing up on the bottom of my palm and fingers. In a day or two, the skin begins to lift and the circles get hard, then turn white, and finally peel.

I have discovered while experimenting with the idea that it may be nervous system-related that vitamin D3 from GNC has cleared it up!!! I took one bottle of D3 (1,000 IU) from GNC over a one month period, ran out, then tried another brand (Sundown) from Walmart but it came back. So I went back to GNC and bought the 2,000 IU dose tablets instead of the 1,000 IU and started taking three every morning and it is almost completely gone after suffering with it for 10 years!

I am learning how valuable D vitamin is to our overall health. Remember, "D is for Depression" and it is important for skin, especially D3. The USDA says take 400 IU daily, which is too low. I've read where you can take up to 10,000 IU safely per day, but I chose to try 6,000 IU total daily and it is working. Vaseline alone did nothing for it.

I also put a dab of regular unscented Vaseline on my hands before and after a shower, bath, washing dishes, or washing the car, which locks moisture into my hands. I wish I could show you the before and after condition of my hands. What an improvement!! Try D3 from GNC Nutrition stores and see how it works for you.

God Bless You.

Last edited by ZRulz; 01-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Closed Thread