It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

NufCedMcGreevy HB User
Unhappy Is this eczema and if so how do I treat it?

So I have had little red dry patches that almost lightly scab over on my arms, mostly on the forearm on the outside just below my elbow, on my back just outside of my armpit, on my thighs and calves, and occasionally on my buttocks and just above on the small of my back. Sometimes it occurs on my stomach and on my sides as well. A dermatologist years ago prescribed triamcinalone acetonide cream and i've tried to use it faithfully but it doesn't seem to really help? If I use it every single day then it tends to fade in areas but if I miss one day it's right back again! I really would prefer not to use a topical steroid cream on myself everyday for the rest of my life if possible. My eczema symptoms don't seem to be the same as everyone else I know who has eczema as well or at least it seems that way to me? Is there any other form of treatment that can clear it up? And what on earth causes it?

Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: Is this eczema and if so how do I treat it?

Eczema for me has been a real pain in the hiney. I get it all the time too. Just like how you mentioned. I use the steroid cream and it works but I don't want to use it all the time. Some things that have given me a little bit of relief is tea tree oil products. Head and shoulders with zinc. Also calamine lotion soothes the itching. Yet, it just doesn't go away so easily...if anything it seems to relocate to another part of my body. I was dx'd with eczema last year. I never had skin problems as a kid or a young adult. I am sorry you go through this, I can relate. Its frustrating, sometimes even embarrassing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread