It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
(male)

chad82 HB User
why does my face burn and turn red after i shower

why does my face burn and turn red after i shower

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
(female)

acne_sufferer HB User
Re: why does my face burn and turn red after i shower

Do you take hot or warm showers? Maybe you need to make the shower water warmer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
(female)

jillzii HB User

for the past two years i have had red flat burn on face..mostly cheeks and forhead never nose... and really dry skin everywhere else. two dermys, one allergist. two blood work for lupus (neg) and acouple times on predisone and hysrocortison on face was temporary.they tol dme ezcema but no rash it was flat..they told me allergies maybe food, they told me roscea.. i spent 100 of dollars on products for roscea, did the pulp laser beam (500 bucks), etc etc, well NOW i wash my face with spring water and dover or olay cleaning pads...and got a shower head with filter.. ALL my burning ugly pain face has gone away.. my dry skin on lower legs are not dry, chalky looking and gouged from me scratching. it is all healed. i never thought it would be my tap water but changing that one thing has finally got my skin back to normal and i am not in any more pain or look like a freak. even small ezcema looking patch on hip is gone.
hope you find what your trigger is.
jill

Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

I agree with JillZii, getting a filter on your shower head is a good idea. It could be a reaction to the chlorine in the water. (or some other mineral if you have hard water)

I get super blotchy after showering but I have physical allergies. A physical allergy is getting hives or other allergic reaction from a physical stimulus - cold, heat, water, sweat, sun, pressure (like getting hives on your arm from carrying groceries), strong emotions can affect some people as well.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
(female)

jillzii HB User

auntieleela,
does taking OTC allergy medicines work? they put me one like hydroxtine. (sp) and it helped with the itching but makes you droooooowwwwsssy. i went thru h*ll for two years and it seemed to be my tap water. i had humidfiers, air cleaners, moistuzers up the waazzzooo but everything aggravted it. or course i continued to wash my face trying to soothe it.my eyelids were flaky,dry, saggy, itched... it was horrible..very painful burn.. i love the shower head (whole new base) with filter.. i HAD water tested and of course city of peabody tells me their water is clean. i dont know if moving to another town would help. after all that...and have same problem ..so i DEAL.using the spring water.. chad if you are still on there..try that... mine worked in a day or two. i actually could stop "feeling" my face.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Just like in swimming pools, chlorine is what city systems use to clean their water, from time to time they'll even do a "chlorine flush" where they dump a ton in all at once to clear the pipes out. For most people it just means their tap water tastes more chlorinated than usual for a few days but if you're sensitive to chlorine, and many people with eczema are, it can cause all sorts of problems.

Some folks with eczema use a waterproof sunscreen lotion before going swimming in a chlorinated pool. It acts as a barrier between their skin and the chlorine.

I don't have eczema or dry skin, just hives, so I don't know if the meds would be the same. I've been on 3 or 4 different prescription allergy medications - I've had a hard time trying to find a doc who knows anything about physical allergies - none really worked. In a pinch I use OTC children's Benedryl because I can control the dose (it's a liquid) to avoid the . Mostly I just avoid the allergen.

Closed Thread