It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Hard, painful lump in armpit

For the last few months, I had a small somewhat hard lump in my armpit that was probably about the size of a BB gun pellet. I figured it was a zit and I squeezed it constantly...it would drain pus and on two occasions it burst under my skin (but did not drain...odd) and would subsequently disappear. But it always came back.

It's been back for the last couple of months and I decided that maybe if I left the thing alone for a while, it'd go away. After just a few days of not squeezing this thing, it got a lot bigger - about the size of a marble. It's also a little sore when touched, and no longer drains. It is under my skin and there's no redness or swelling on the surface of my skin either (there is a small slightly red mark over where the lump is located on the surface of my skin). I tried lancing it with a sterilized needle, but all I got was a little droplet of blood.

I'm not concerned about it being cancer since I have no history of lymphoma or breast cancer in my family, and I think I'm a little young to have such types of cancer. Plus, from what I gather, cancerous lumps are not painful. And I have no other symptoms (no fever, weight loss, weakness, chest pain, etc.)

I'm assuming this thing is a cyst or an abscess of some kind, maybe the result of shaving or getting bacteria or deodorant into the pore? I am not sick and have never had any issues with my lymph nodes (there's no other lumps anywhere on my body). I have no insurance right now, so I can't go to a doctor...should I just wait it out? Just how big can a cyst/boil/abscess/etc. like this get? Is there anything I can do to make this thing go away faster at home?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread