It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
(female)

betttyblack HB User
Exclamation strange skin condition for years now! PLEASE HELP!

i have this skin condition and been to doctors and none of them really know what it is, they say it's dry skin or allergies or just the texture of my skin. but i disagree, i know it's related to something else but no one can figure out what? so perhaps i will find solace here and perhaps someone else knows what is going on and what to do! please help!

so i started noticing this when i was 15, first i had rough elbows and knees with darkened spots. i use body lotion for it now and it softens it up but then on my arms i started getting bumps, like little raised white spots and i started to pick at them. they spread and kinda started to appear like pimples on my arms and when i popped them they looked liked the pimples on my face. they would leave scars and eventually the scars turned into brown spots. it kinda moved from my arms to my chest and breasts and upper back. it seems like i have similar issues on my face though not so visible. it's really disgusting and i cannot wear short sleeve shorts or low cut blouses because my skin is brown where the condition has attacked, and i still pick at them i think out of stress. the ones on my breast look like small pimples and clogged pores, i use all kinds of things but nothing really works. i also have a underactive thyroid which is under control now but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. i dont really eat well, i try to but i dont know what to eat. im guessing maybe it's an allergy? it's really frustrating and i just want normal skin!

it's not itchy or scaly or flaky. just looks like pimples or clogged pores and sometimes if i pop them, hard substance comes out. sorry for the gross description, i figured if i described it accurately i could get a better response. ANY info to help would be appreciated. i would like to get this under control. i know i have sensitive skin and am prone to acne. thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: strange skin condition for years now! PLEASE HELP!

Have you researched keratosis pilaris?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
(male)

sekmat HB User
Re: strange skin condition for years now! PLEASE HELP!

Phrynoderma is more common a diagnosis and VitA is the treatment.However note that pregnant women should not take high dose vitA,this is by the way and excess vitamin to be avoided to prevent hypervitaminosis.

Closed Thread