It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #16
(female)

angrad HB User
Re: Quickly spreading rash, started on inner thigh, help!

Hey Kalten some of them post were suppose 2 b 4 some other peeps on this subject sorry new 2 this the 2 b 4 u wrote me in the mornin. Anyways called my doc back told him what happen over the weekend he said he thought scabies 2 but the only sign on my hub was rash in groin and my hub had no signs of the herp no blisters or any of the other so he say 99.9% he thought no herps but did all the test they were neg yes happy happy that is why he wait 4 all test that he took of hub groin area the one he scraped off cam back today he said they go between finger toes back knees arm pits groin on men. well we could not wait till monday. well anyways he said do med if we get worst after week and half then come back. i take my son 2 derm today 4 skin test not 4 scabies the doc i talked on weekend is there she com and talk 2 me i show her my spots she say yes that is it we do everything right. she told me there is only 6 2 10 mites on everyone all the rest is eggs they leave feces under our skin gross u will itch after treatment up 2 a month my doc say 2 weeks and internet reports 2 but she is a derm so. why? because of the mite, feces and the eggs can u believe that i am sick over all this but feel better now. got 2 take a shower and got all off yes.
i tell my doc after we put cream on u could c where they all my hub had them on hands in between fingers and behind knees. the signs r what they look 4 and if u dont hav much that is why docs dont know and u go thru so much stuff. if u want 2 wait go ahead but it wont hurt 2 treat u and roomie and do all the work 2 while treatin may b right all along. i looked this up my self and called the after doc he did not even c me and said try that will work if that is what u got if not go 2 ur doc we try and found on own. if u do and not work then go 2 derm doc. oh dont know if i said this b 4 but my son told me that 3 of his friends had the itches and they cam 2 my hom everyday b 4 we moved in march and we think back my son was itchin all over back then 2 and i take him 2 another doc where we use 2 live they give him itch pill 2 help the itch that is all cause he not hav all signs. i think back then if i would of ask more on that i would of treated my fam even if we had no signs cause we all were exposed back then my son call friend last nite and he tell him that was scabies wth the mother did not even call me knowin he was at our hom al the time. they r caught close contact they played videos all the time from dec thru march we mov then my hubb play them with them. me i was never by them still dont no where???? but i feel we r good now. good luck keep me posted if u try or if u fined out anything else .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
(female)

sray32 HB User

I have had scabies before and the rash i have around my groin area is nothing like scabies. when i had scabies it was an unbearable itch EVERYWHERE and didnt matter if i took a cold or hot shower for it to be even worse...i have the same hives or red swollen bumps all over my inner thighs and i cannot stop itching!! its driving me crazy to the point where i cannot sleep because of the itch, and i have itched so much, I actually scratched myself where i have scabs and bleeding now. i have no idea what this is! i'm trying different creams but so far nothing helppppppp!!

Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #18
(male)

guy in AU HB User

You might find Sarna lotion or Caladryl better at stopping the itching than plain calamine, as they contain local anaesthetic substances and cooling agents.

Taking 50mg of Benadryl at bedtime can help you get some sleep and stop the itch, because it is a sedating antihistamine.

If you are scratching in your sleep, wear cotton gloves in bed

Do not use any soap in the shower, just use Cetaphil as a clenser.

Double rinse your clothes in the washing machine to make sure there is no detergent residue left in them.

Ask your doctor if you can try a moderatly strong steroid cream (betametasone val.0.1% for example) applied twice a day for a few days, to see if it helps.

Last edited by guy in AU; 09-26-2009 at 03:19 AM.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #19
(male)

Kalten HB User

Hey guys, thanks for the good feedback. I have noticed the rash is slowly, slowly, slowly going away. It's just taking it's sweet time. It's not nearly as bad as it was a month ago.

Now, the other night I got completely drunk and the next day I had no itching problems whatsoever. I can't explain this, but it was very odd. I had a headache (haha), but the rash and itch seemed to be gone for a glorious 24 hours. Of course, it came back.

I'm wondering if it's dust mites because I looked at scabies symptoms and I don't have the rash on the hands, don't see any burrow marks, and my roommate doesn't have a rash at all.

When I get the need to itch and I scratch, I will notice tons of little white bumps/raised areas of skin that look like very small hives in clusters. So, I'm leaning towards dust mites. Going to clean my bedroom and get some anti-lice shampoo and see if that helps.

If not, I may try the bleach method but I don't have a bathtub... I only have a shower. So should I get spray bottle and mix some bleach and water and just spray myself, let it soak for like 10 minutes, and then rinse it off in the shower??

Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
(male)

guy in AU HB User

I would be VERY cautious about putting bleach on irritated skin, it would be like trying to put out a fire with a bucket of kerosene.

If you want somthing that ills germs, try using Betadine - it is much less irritating.

Have you tried using hydrocortisone cream several times a day>

Benadryl Cream might also be worth a try, its cheap and easily avaliable.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
(female)

angrad HB User

[QUOTE=sray32;4086520]I have had scabies before and the rash i have around my groin area is nothing like scabies. when i had scabies it was an unbearable itch EVERYWHERE and didnt matter if i took a cold or hot shower for it to be even worse...i have the same hives or red swollen bumps all over my inner thighs and i cannot stop itching!! its driving me crazy to the point where i cannot sleep because of the itch, and i have itched so much, I actually scratched myself where i have scabs and bleeding now. i have no idea what this is! i'm trying different creams but so far nothing helppppppp!![/QUOTE]If u had scabies b 4 u will know if u got them again and dont wait because u know the signs. the derm doc told me u will know. How long ago did u have it? u can get them back right away if u did not do ur beding and the house while u were bein treated if u did after the med u could of got them back, which means if u had them 1 month ago and did not do ur home that way then u got them back it takes 1 2 3 weeks after the mite is in u (that sounds sooo nasty) for the itchy to be real bad like u r sayin. the first sign u get is a itch and hive mark it gets itcher as the days go by. that is how u can tell if u got them back. i think u should go c a dermo doc tell what u said here. my hubby had them everywhere and groin area 2 red swollen bumps we freaked 2 it has been since the sept 19th we did cream and my hubby still has that there way better but some r slowly goin away the doc give him the pills now because he had them so bad. me i am ok but when i get a itch i start 2 freak again because he had them so bad and i keep thinkin the cream did not help him bacause he had it bad. he should of did cream and pills together but the doc told him 2 com back after 7 days after the cream, then give him the pills. so i am scared i could get them back if the cream did not work 4 him. i am watchin close 4 any signs. remember if u have scabies there is only 6 2 8 mites on u at a time the others r the eggs and their feces gross huh. let me know and go 2 dermo doc and try not 2 itch, my hubby had 2 itch that bad till they bleed 2.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
(female)

angrad HB User

Katlon did u go 2 the dermo doc? if not u need 2 go. dust mites? maybe but small hive clusters is what we had. the lice stuff is not the right stuff 4 u and all that stuff is very powerful bad 4 u so go 2 the doc and c what he/she thinks. my hubby did not have any signs on hands till we did cream then u c where they r or their fece or eggs we seen that after the cream all over my hubby hands. And dont put bleach on u bad 2 when u uses the cream u have 2 wait 7 days 2 do again that is very powerful and bad 4 u 2 use. if u hav scabies nothin will help u anyways the derm doc say only them creams and meds take them away.

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-30-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Removed Quote.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #23
(male)

Kalten HB User

Hey everyone, thanks for all the help and information. It seems the rash has run it's course and I'm itching considerably less from day to day. I'm guessing in another week or so it will be entirely gone - so the most logical culprit was something viral or possibly even allergies. It is now getting colder outside, and as the days get cooler it's starting to fade. I tried calling a derm just to set up an appointment but the waiting list is 3 months long. However, it's nice to finally get some relief from this.

To anyone else with similar symptoms, I'd just say give it some time and keep your skin cool and dry, wear clean clothes, wash your bed sheet every few days, and always use a clean towel after showering. I was using baby powder and an anti-itch lotion (gold bold medicated). The menthol really cools your skin and makes it feel nice.

While it's not entirely gone yet, my skin is definitely showing major signs of improvement. It's almost disappeared off my arms. My legs are getting better every day.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #24
(female)

angrad HB User

[QUOTE=Kalten;4091601]Hey everyone, thanks for all the help and information. It seems the rash has run it's course and I'm itching considerably less from day to day. I'm guessing in another week or so it will be entirely gone - so the most logical culprit was something viral or possibly even allergies. It is now getting colder outside, and as the days get cooler it's starting to fade. I tried calling a derm just to set up an appointment but the waiting list is 3 months long. However, it's nice to finally get some relief from this.

To anyone else with similar symptoms, I'd just say give it some time and keep your skin cool and dry, wear clean clothes, wash your bed sheet every few days, and always use a clean towel after showering. I was using baby powder and an anti-itch lotion (gold bold medicated). The menthol really cools your skin and makes it feel nice.

While it's not entirely gone yet, my skin is definitely showing major signs of improvement. It's almost disappeared off my arms. My legs are getting better every day.[/QUOTE]
Happy 4 u katlen glad it is getting better, but if u start 2 itch again u need 2 go in try another dermo doc. why because what happens if it is scabies u have 6 2 10 or 8 mites they lay eggs and die then the eggs hatch then the liv mites r back and u start 2 itch again, so just watch i looked up dust mites not at all what u r saying, just watchs closely if u start just go hav ur rash checked out could b anything, when i looked up rashes i never heard of scabies b 4 but when i c pics i freak that is what we had on us, and my doc first seen my hubbys on ankles and feet and say sand fleas and we were at the river b 4 that happen and had 2 walk thru seaweed 2 get 2 boat that is where they r, so we r like ok then 3 weeks later then i start 2 have them on my ankle and feet wow i freak then my hubby wakes up 2 weeks later all over him we do cream and i good but my hubby slowly goin away and the doc give him the pills 7 days later, but my doc still is thinkin if scabies then mayb sand fleas but when he do cream they go fast but som slow because he was bad so now when done with pills we c but it is drying all them up so we look at scabies as we had. I like ur advice on skin rash but me i go 2 doc right away now because what i hav been thru waiting on docs 2 say what it is was hell. so i go if i start 2 itch again. Good luck

Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
(male)

deetz HB User

hello,

been following this thread and others similar for awhile and decided to post being that i've finally discovered what has been ailing me for 5 or so months. SCABIES. I've always been healthy, never having rashes/hives or any sickness for that matter. It start as an intense itch on the inner thighs and after much scratching raised red bumps were visible. It moved from there to my scrotum and even penis, to my beltline, and eventually to my knees, feet, armpits, abdomen, forearms, and hands. Pretty much has gotten all over, but makes sense being that it was over such a long period of time. The itching and discomfort was so awful and intense I wanted to rip my skin off. Didn't get it looked at early on because of the areas it was covering. Really embarrassing and I was afraid it was some kind of std I had picked up randomly with someone that finally decided to rear it's ugly head. Not seeing someone was the dumbest thing I've done in my life. All along it was scabies...I could have been rid of them along time ago (given that the doc was able to determine what my ailment was) and bypassed ALOT of grief and suffering. Thing is, my spots didn't really look like the really extreme cases you see on the web so I kinda ruled it out on my own. At the same time, all the symptoms, locations of bumps and randomness were the same for me.

Anyways, I went to a few different people...first doc was really confused with my situation so I ended up getting all kinds of bloodwork done testing for allergies, stds, etc...everything came back negative. Of course I'm allergic to every tree and bush in the world but I already knew that and it still wouldn't cause the massive rash all over. I ended up going to another doc a few days ago and he ruled out hives right away and after a little examining of my arms and abdomen said he was almost a 100% sure it was scabies. To be honest, this came as a big relief. You can rid yourself of scabies, although a huge pain in the a** while chronic hives, std's, etc, are permanent in a sense.

He prescribed me the creme and some extra strength benedryl to help sleep at night. The day after application I was already 80% less itchy. After 5 months of hell and sleepless nights it seems like a miracle. From what I've read, the pills are very effective against scabies as well...kinda wish he would have prescribed those instead, but the creme seems to have worked so far. Have also gone to town on everything possible in the apartment to rid any scabie remnants lurking in towels, linens, sheets, clothes, furniture. This is where the huge pain comes in, not knowing if you've rid everything of the parasite.

Wanted to post because I feel all you guys pain and would not wish this condition on anyone. I promised my self I would change my lifestyle if I didn't have anything serious and long term. Lol, I'm going to try and adhere to that from now on!

Closed Thread