It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

TheHappyMan HB UserTheHappyMan HB User
Finally getting rid of the Itching !!!!!!!!

[B][/B]About half a year ago I developed severe itching on my whole body, but mostly on my knees, and thighs. I tried every topical medication in the world to stop this - NOTHING worked. The itching always would get worse at night, especially when getting ready for bed. I never had any accompanying rash.

During the day I also experienced the itching but not so badly, actually sometimes I could forget about it for a few hours but it every night it was back. For several weeks I had to take a cold shower (every night) just before going to bed just to be able to fall asleep. And, yes, I would still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night itching.

I felt as if a curse had been laid upon me OR I was wondering if I had some kind of major "Systemic" disease.

I read all the posts on the healthboard about itching and found that many people have been suffering miserably with itching problems[B][U][/U][/B] for a long, long time and have tried MANY remedies.

Not only did I try topical treatmments, I totally changed my diet, changed my shampoo, tried "hypo-allergic" laundry detergents for all my clothes cleaning and STILL NO RELIEF.......... So I just kept on suffering.

I would have gone to a doctor but didnt think it would be productive and would have only led to a lot of expensive diagnostic testing. I didnt feel like opening "Pandoras Box".

SO, to "Get to the Point" of this Post - As a "Last Ditch" effort, by chance, I happened to notice that there was an unusual looking shampoo/body wash in Walmarts (where my wife and I shop). It was labled as an "Anti-Bacterial Body Wash" and though it was more exspensive than the 99 cents I am used to paying for a body wash/shampoo I figured I would give it a try. Just Intuition (or an answer to prayers) ?????????

Well, within two weeks of using this product instead of my other smampoo's ALL MY ITCHING STOPPED TOTALLY. I made no other life style change at all. And here I am many months later and never an itch.

I am no doctor but all I can hypothisize is that some kind of bacteria was attacking me and was "in my skin" and that the anti-bacterial body wash/shampoo was what cured the problem. I have long since been back on regular shampoo's and there has been no itching. Whatever was "attacking my body" has apparently been eliminated. My diet is still the same and we dont use the "hypo-allergic" stuff anymore.

If my rambling here can help even one person get rid of horrible intense itching then it was well worth the time to write this...........

God Bless All
Thehappyman

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheHappyMan For This Useful Post:
eloy (10-09-2011), ftwwcht (03-20-2012), sunni123 (05-24-2011), swayla (10-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread