It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

avd HB User
Possible reaction to Minocycline - Rash/Swelling

Hi,

About three days ago I broke out into an awful itchy rash. I had been taking Minocycline for just over 2 wks, however, I also just moved to Beijing so I'm not sure if this was a reaction to the Minocycline or to something else that I've encountered in China.

On the first day, I had an itchy red rash all over my legs and bad swelling around my eyes and lip. (I did not have a fever or any difficulty breathing). On the second day, the swelling in my face went down but the rash spread to my back, sides of stomach and arms. On the third day, the itchy rash on my back/legs/stomach lessened but my ankles, hands and arms swelled up. I had some joint pain in my fingers and very bad joint pain in my ankles, so that I couldn't bend my ankles and it hurt to walk.

Today everything seems to be a bit better...my ankles are still swollen but they hurt less and I can walk. The swelling in my hands has gone down a bit (but now they're itchy) and the red marks on my stomach and legs are getting smaller.

I'm not sure if this means I'm getting better or if the rash will get worse later. I stopped Minocycline two days before I developed these symptoms but again, I'm not sure if this happened because of Minocycline. Being in China, I'm probably exposed to a lot of new things that I could be allergic to.

Has anyone had a similar reaction - and was it to Minocycline or to something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread