It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
(male)

boris2 HB User
itchy when hot or nervous or embaressed or anxious

whenever its really hot or even after ive just taken a shower or im in the shower my skin starts to itchy all over my body and even my hair. this also happens whenever i play sport and i overheat. and also when i get nervous, anxious or embaressed about something, i start itching.

a really really light red patch appears where i itch, but apart from that its not that distinguishable.

i looked it up and some threads said it could be a candida overgrowth, but the doctor dismissed that saying that they dont really believe in it.

any advice or ideas?

thanks

Old 10-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

angi78 HB User
Re: itchy when hot or nervous or embaressed or anxious

i have the same symptoms especially when i get scared i become very itchy, but never considered it to be a problem, is it a problem? now i dont know.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
(male)

boris2 HB User

i dont think its necessarily a problem unless it impedes on your lifestyle in any way or makes it uncomfortable. i live in australia and where i live in the summer it can hit up to 40 degrees celsius (~100 farenheit), and so playing sport or any outdoor activity in the summer is annoying because i just start itching uncontrollably for 5 minutes.

but yeh its been happening for 5+ years now but never really thought much about it until now, so its all about whether it makes you uncomfortable on a regular basis

Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: itchy when hot or nervous or embarrassed or anxious

It's called Physical Urticaria.

It's usually just an annoyance but it can be dangerous if your reactions begin to escalate. Antihistamine medications can help.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
(male)

boris2 HB User
Re: itchy when hot or nervous or embarrassed or anxious

[QUOTE=AuntieLeela;4097252]It's called Physical Urticaria.

but it can be dangerous if your reactions begin to escalate[/QUOTE]

oh ok could you elaborate on that a bit more please

thanks

Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
(male)

CaliBoy619 HB User

Alrite so... I'm just really glad that I am not the only person that has this! I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. I started noticing this problem toward the middle of 10th grade. It started off little by little. At first it was only triggered when i would eat spicy foods and it would only make my head itchy. What really made me trip out was when it was caused by my emotions Whenever i would get nervous or mad I would start itching like crazy! It started on my scalp but slowly progressed down to my face, neck, back, lower back, and sometimes even my butt cheeks ! The only way i would be able to relieve it would be to get out of the sun and try to calm down. Cold temperatures really helped me a lot (applying ice to itchy areas).
What i have found out is that if i started excercising, i would get itchy. But if i kept on going while fighting the itchyness it would go away. I am also a VERY stressful person and I know that it attributes to my itchyness.
My best advice is to just maintain a healthy life style and do changes in your life that will reduce stress.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaliBoy619 For This Useful Post:
fergiemartin (04-08-2011)
Old 12-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
(male)

boris2 HB User

Urticaria is what the skin doctor confirmed.

Essentially it's got to do with the release of Histamines from under your skin. So what he told me to do was just to take Anti-Histamines, like Clarentyne or whatever the equivalent is in whichever country youre from. It doesn't completely stop it, but it makes it much much less severe.

It doesn't cure it either, the doc said that it might just go away with age because it could just be one of those things.

Closed Thread