It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
(male)

dhelyar HB User
Strange tingling spots on tips of fingers

Over the last couple weeks, on my left hand, I've had very sharp focus tingling sensation in the ends of my thumb and index finger. This has also coincided with very small but obvious dry patches of skin on the ends of those fingers as well. The tingling is very focussed as well, and it appears the tingling is located around some slightly darkened area about 1-2 mm in diameter. If I pinch the skin together around the slightly darkened area, the tingling turns into a slight sting, and the area that appears to be tingling appears to be raised slightly as well. I performed this skin pinching on the rest of my fingers, and have discovered I seem to have these small spots on all other fingers on my left hand, but on fingers middle to pinky it is much less prominent and tingling is only brought on by pinching. Also there is no dry skin patches on these fingers. I seem to have no such symptoms on my right hand at all.

The problem is hardly life altering, but I'd still like to understand it, even more so as I don't seem to be able to find anything similar by googling

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

Last edited by dhelyar; 10-19-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: fix

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
new numbness/tingling right before surgery Toonces1 Spinal Cord Disorders 2 07-05-2009 08:28 PM
What is causing tingling and muscle spasms in my body?? HELP! Jade27 Neuropathy 2 03-24-2008 06:57 PM
bilateral hand tingling sk84life Neuropathy 4 08-08-2007 09:36 PM
strange/odd electrical currents when yawning,deep breathing, etc? +update LupieOne Multiple Sclerosis 6 06-08-2007 08:08 PM
Get MRI back tommoro but still getting strange feelings in feet, hands, and fingers kvtmc Brain & Nervous System Disorders 1 01-20-2007 09:24 AM