It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

stressedgirl HB User
peeling skin on fingertips related to virus?

10 days ago i had little paper cut type cuts on my fingertips and thin skin peeled off 3 of my fingertips, but did not bleed or crack, just simply peeled off , and now still 10 days later the skin under is wrinkly and very sensitive...........it has not healed over properly..........i will go to a doctor but want to know what all i should ask to get checked.

is this virus related if yes what kind of virus?

strep throat can it be?...........if bacterial infection then what kind?

if everyone can just give me any possibilities then i can ask to get that all checked

thanks

Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

dldaunaturel HB User
Re: peeling skin on fingertips related to virus?

I have been looking at a lot of health boards on skin problems/psoriasis/eczema... and a lot of remedies are external or a quick fixes and very few internal solutions are provided. I have experience thankfully only mild psoriasis over the years but for over two years now I'm having peeling/cracking skins on my fingertips. I was bad enough that I had to wear gloves to cut vegetables... because it hurt too much.
I too tried the suggested fixes better skin cream, petroleum products over night with gloves... I really thought in was diet related (food intolerance/allergies) but I finally found it was vitamins deficiency. I know a friend who had severe eczema and was told to take vit. D. I can't pinpoint my deficiency but I simply started to take a multi vitamins regularly and my skins has come back to normal! It takes a little while to come back but remember folks that whatever conditions it didn't manifest over night and will not be cured overnight either.
I have been reading lately that people a vitamins (especially D) deficient. Food supply is no longer the source.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
(male)

obliviouse HB User

I have also had a similar problem which has been occuring now for the past month or two. It started as a bit of dry skin on the edge of my fingertips then it eventualy just peeled off and all started splitting. Its now at the point where it is just randomly bleeding when im sleeping, at school and it is really soar and im not sure what it is!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

Davidg127 HB User

I have the same peeling skin on my hands. Its so gross. My Doctor has not explained it to me either. I read a post on here by someone who swims a lot and has the problem. I swim a lot and have a jacuzzi. Maybe the chlorine is the problem.

Closed Thread