It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

jozhear HB User
Scabies

Anyway about last Monday I started noticing these red dots showing up on my abdomen. They were pretty itchy and irritable, and over the course of the week they began to spread up my body to my chest and shoulders, going a little bit downwards to my groin as well. I checked with a walk-in-clinic and the doc said I have scabies, but let's make this clear, when I look up scabies, it says you have "a couple of bug bites and some burrows", well, I have a LOT of red dots, upwards to 100 on my front. Now they have spread onto my shoulders and down parts of my arm, and on the inside of my thighs. They are particularly bad in my armpits (really irritating and somewhat painful) and on the inside of my elbow. I also read that they congregate in the webbing of your hands and feet but I have none there.

I was told to pick up some Kwellada and I did, adminstering as much as I thought necessary to all over my body like I was instructed. Since then, however, they are continuing to grow in numbers and right now they're driving me somewhat crazy. It said that after treatment, the spreading should stop, but the itchiness continues, but, the spreading is going to the backs of my hands and even further down my legs, growing in numbers on my chest and shoulders and around my belly button.

The itching is definitely worse at night. I found myself awake at a couple points last night just itching away, not really aware of it or anything. I'd have to consciously stop and try to fall back asleep, which wasn't hard. I feel fine otherwise, I juts recently got over a flu (not swine) and, I also hear scabies can come from beds or something, the Saturday before the dots began to appear I slept on a friend's bed in their basement that is not commonly slept on so maybe that was it.

Generally, my question is are these REALLY scabies because I have a ton of itchy red dots, and, how long does it take for the Kwellada to kick in, and what other things can I do to help prevent the spread?

I posted this yesterday in the allergy forum and got no responses. Since then, I have a doctor's appt. for tomorrow and I've noticed on a study on the net that Kwell (linthine or something like that) has a 48% sucess rate while the leading medication Permethrin has a 90% sucess rate. Why the hell did my doctor suggest a less effective treatment when my case was already all over te place? Whatever... hopefully I can get some permetrin and start getting rid of this ****. It's spreading to my groin (a little on my penis =( ) but that's about it since then. It hasn't gotten worse on my hands or gone further down my legs, and on my back it's still not spreading and my butt is basically the only part of my body that still looks the same. Good ol' butt.

Last edited by jozhear; 11-24-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
(male)

jozhear HB User
Re: Scabies

so. 0 responses and 51 views. every time i go to pick this forum there are 30+ people viewing it. do people just oggle people's skin problems for kicks?

anyway.

another administration of kwellada yesterady. The scabies (they ARE scabies, no dobut about that now) have spread to my shoulders, a good amount on my back, and some on my ***. on my legs there aren't many, but i notice some actually made it on to my big toe and a couple on my other foot. Theres a couple more on my penis but as far as the chest is concerned i have no idea if they're really spreading or not because there are so many to begin with.

now my question is; for others who have taken kwellada,
[B]
1) how do you know its working
2) how long does it take to come into effect[/B]

Right now, mainly my chest and a lot of other spots of the red nodules are drying out and the skin is coming off. I'm guessing that means that they are growing out, which in the mean time is good, but until the spreading has STOPPED and I NOTICE it has, I'm not taking any chances. I have noticed that the itching is not really a problem except for mornings and of course, nights. The shower isn't that bad, it's just gross because you can feel your bumpy skin.

Please answer my questions and don't just view the thread. I have no where else to turn to as I have an extremely busy life and can't really make constant doctor appointments.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
(female)

Kool Smiles HB User

Hi. I was recently diagnosed with scabies; however, I'm not sure if that is what I have based upon pictures I've seen of scabies added to the fact that the treating physician did not see any mites in my skin sample. Anyway, whatever I have appears to be contagious, as my son now has a few bumps.

Though I'm unable to respond to your question, I'm hoping you may be able to help me. How do your bumps look? Mine look more like mosquito (sorry for the spelling) bumps.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
(male)

jozhear HB User

[QUOTE=Kool Smiles;4132604]Hi. I was recently diagnosed with scabies; however, I'm not sure if that is what I have based upon pictures I've seen of scabies added to the fact that the treating physician did not see any mites in my skin sample. Anyway, whatever I have appears to be contagious, as my son now has a few bumps.

Though I'm unable to respond to your question, I'm hoping you may be able to help me. How do your bumps look? Mine look more like mosquito (sorry for the spelling) bumps.[/QUOTE]

At first, they simply appear as small red dots that are pretty small, as if there are tiny ink blots all over your body. Now they are drying up and they turn like a greyish or yellowish in the center. they felt pretty gross and protruding in the beginng but now that a good part of them are dry its like i have scales in certain points, but a lot rougher i guess. It's pretty gross but I'm hoping that this means my skin is growing them out.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
(female)

Kool Smiles HB User

Thanks very much. This is very helpful to know. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Closed Thread