It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
(female)

cinders8888 HB User
Itchy from head to toe, but no rash

I have been itching for 6-7 months all over my body, but there has never been a rash. I do take a lot of medications, but I am slowly ruling them out. I thought maybe there was some kind of interaction going on, but I have checked for interactions and can't find anything about itching. It was even difficult to find anything on the internet about this problem until I found this site. I looked through some very old posts (from 2003) which suggest stress and a liver problem, among other things. I do think that these 2 are the most probable causes. Does anyone know anything about the liver/bile problem causing itching? It does seem to be a little worse at night and the worst on the backs of my thighs. Like I said, I do take a lot of medication, and I know most are metabolized in the liver. Also, could there be a toxicity issue when using a medication for too long? I'm at my wit's end Please help!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

Beth1964 HB User
Re: Itchy from head to toe, but no rash

I have the same problem. for a month I started taking vitamines with a lot of B, E, and C then the itching started in my hands, feet and creases of my skin with red flushing. I stopped taking the vitamines last week and I am still itching and it does get worse at night as you also experience. I do not know what to do either but in hopes of an answer soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

tooitchy HB User

[QUOTE=cinders8888;4145830]I have been itching for 6-7 months all over my body, but there has never been a rash. I do take a lot of medications, but I am slowly ruling them out. I thought maybe there was some kind of interaction going on, but I have checked for interactions and can't find anything about itching. It was even difficult to find anything on the internet about this problem until I found this site. I looked through some very old posts (from 2003) which suggest stress and a liver problem, among other things. I do think that these 2 are the most probable causes. Does anyone know anything about the liver/bile problem causing itching? It does seem to be a little worse at night and the worst on the backs of my thighs. Like I said, I do take a lot of medication, and I know most are metabolized in the liver. Also, could there be a toxicity issue when using a medication for too long? I'm at my wit's end Please help![/QUOTE]

Old 12-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
(female)

tooitchy HB User

Good luck.....I can certainly sympathize. Mine stopped for the first time in over 5 years while being on blood thinners for a blood clot. When I stopped the blood thinners, the itching resumed. I have asked all my doctors and noone knows why that would be and said I cannot stay on warfarin for that. But they have no idea how bad it is. They donot seem to care. I am baffled as to why that is the only time in over 5 years I had total relief from itching. Hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:45 AM   #5
(female)

cinders8888 HB User

[QUOTE=tooitchy;4151389]Good luck.....I can certainly sympathize. Mine stopped for the first time in over 5 years while being on blood thinners for a blood clot. When I stopped the blood thinners, the itching resumed. I have asked all my doctors and noone knows why that would be and said I cannot stay on warfarin for that. But they have no idea how bad it is. They donot seem to care. I am baffled as to why that is the only time in over 5 years I had total relief from itching. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
(female)

cinders8888 HB User

I have told several doc my problem, and some seem not to care, since it's just itchiness. The one who cares is my psychiatrist. I did get the blood test done, and it doesn't seem to be my liver. Funny you say that about the blood thinner, though, because if I drink a beer or 2, I'm not as itchy. I think it's because my blood is thinned out. Recently, my hands and feet have become swollen as well. I jsut want to get to the root of this. I still think it's my medication. I just don't know what about my medication it is.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
(female)

22buddy HB User

Hyperthyroidism can cause this.

Closed Thread