It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

catlady73 HB User
Itchy rash on back of thighs

Hey everyone! This week I have gotten an itchy rash, like poison ivy, on the back of my thighs, thats the only place, slightly on my buttocks but not any higher or lower. I thought it was possibly a reaction to laundry detergent not rinsing out of my jeans and then going back to work where I sit a majoroty of the day. I have been putting hydrocortizone cream, calamine lotion and regular lotion. The only thing that seems to work is regular lotion with Gold Bond powder. As soon as I woke up this morning it was itching and as soon as I start scratching it itches more. Is it possible I may have a soy allergy? I started drinking soy milk as part of a new diet this week as well. The diet also includes an amped amount of fiber(which hasn't worked either!!) and a balance of protein and sugars.

Searches I have done with those key words bring up that it could be scabies but I haven't had contact with anyone in over a month. I have also read that it could be eczema(sp) but why would it only be on the back of my thighs?

Thanks for any help!!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
(female)

DorthyMantooth HB User
Re: Itchy rash on back of thighs

I have eczma, but have not been diegnost with it just had a doctor look it over and said it could be that. recently i have been under the impression i have Scabies. I have a fearce rash on my tighs and butt area, thats how it started. i've had this problem for over a month i assumed it was my eczma, it spead all down my legs mainly in patches and started on my tummy, i have it on my arms and moving to my back now. then my boyfriend got it so i went to the doctor he told me to get Nix (the lice shampoo) and rub it all over me and have my boyfriend do the same after a shower and to sleep with it on, then wash all my sheets in the morning. i did that and it didn't work at all my skin burned and where i was broke out the worse burned and became a chemical burn it seemed. i'm not sure what to do but you should try that before it gets as bad as mine did when i tried it. try to avoid the open wond parts where you've scrached threw the skin, if you have. if you come across any info on how to treat it in a cheap afordable way let me know. and tell me if this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread