It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

freakedout333 HB User
what to do if you have eczema (of the hands) and pinworms

When I was diagnosed with eczema of the hands the doctor specifically told me to try not to wash my hands a lot, but just yesterday I found out that I have pinworms,which, needless to say, is really freaking/grossing me out, so I have been washing my hands probably about every two minutes. I touch something and then think "Oh, wait, what if that had eggs on it?" , which of course sends me running to the bathroom to wash my hands. Fortunately my eczema is mostly healed but with all of the hand washing that I have been doing it is starting to get a little dry and red again even though I've been using the lotions and creams that the doctor prescribed to me. Is there something that I can do to help, like maybe use a certain soap for hand washing? Also, how much is my excessive hand washing going to hurt my eczema?

Last edited by freakedout333; 02-10-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Part of my question was cut off.

Closed Thread