It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
(male)

irritated905 HB User
Friction burns on scrotum, itchy, irritation and appearance treatments?

Hello,

I have a somewhat embarrassing problem. For the most part I am pretty comfortable with my body image.

When I was younger I engaged in activites that caused my scrotum to experience damage from fiction. "Dry humping" and vigorous rubbing on cloth materials etc. When the problem first manifested, I noticed patches of red irritation and massive amounts of flaking. My scrotum color which was normally somewhat dark, had huge noticable patches of red, irritated skin. It was so noticable that a nurse, upon a routine physical examination of that area, made a comment to me about it. She said that it was from a burn. I was young and at the time too self-concious to do anything about it. Too bad the nurse didnt tell me to consult a dermotologist.

I am 26 now, and my scrotum, when it has *ahem* shrivled (for lack of a better word) due to coldness, the patches of red are very noticable (especially in flourescent lighting for some reason) compared to the rest of the scrotum which is a much darker color. I know that it is not an STD because I had this problem well before I started having sex. The appearance has somewhat improved as compared to when they first manifested as the redness sort of faded over the years but I can easliy tell where the friction burns were.

I'm 26 now and though it doesnt cause me too much discomfort, it does itch and become irritated with skin to skin contact on occasion. What bothers me more is the appearance, the noticable contrast especially in certain states of the scrotum. When the scrotum is relaxed its not all that noticable but when it contracts I can tell a bit easier. Is there any kind of treatment to minimize the contrast and the ocassional itching? On my next visit I am going to ask my doctor to refer me to a dermatologist but any advice would help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread