It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

Jenny40 HB User
Cracking, peeling, blisters with smelly fluid from hands and feet.

My problem started with small water filled blisters on my hands and feet. I've tried Candid lotion, Schederma, Dermovate,Advantan,Fucidin to name a few cremes and Calcort and Predicelone tablets. The condition continues to spread to cover more skin on the hands and feet even soft skin tissue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
(female)

coolgama HB User
Re: Cracking, peeling, blisters with smelly fluid from hands and feet.

Did you ever find medication that resolves?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
(female)

1decsheep HB User

I have the same condition which was said to be subdrishosis eczema--here is my problem--i did not have the condition until 2005 after relocating from Arizona to Indiana--mainly treated by the ER after the peeling and blisters make my hands and feet feel like they are on fire--when it is not real bad i use a 1% hydrocortisone OTC cream to keep it under control--low stress, winter time--but in summer i have to be put on 100 mg doxycycline, antibiotic, and prescribed predinisone, steroid, plus a 3% steroid cream for the skin--steroids afetr long term use are dangerous, period--after suffering from this for the past 5 yrs. they have decided to do a punch biopsy today to better diagnos the problem--the above over and over does work but i am constantly uncomfortable--the smell part to me is almost like a wet dead skin smell when it happens, it has now spread as well and showing signs of keratosis which can be precancerous, most likely squamous cell skin cancer beginning--or so they say--hence the biopsy today--i will let you know my results and hope this helps--it is embarrassing and uncontrollable in my situation--post again soon!!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

Emfro HB User

I have similar problem. Although I haven't noticed an odor. My hands started to itch one night then I noticed blister on the sides of my feet and palms. One popped and got flakey and very itchy. My sister told me it was athletes foot. But last time I got it no athletes foot medication worked and it's not between my toes. I actually sprayed Lysol disinfectant spray on it and it helped. So far I haven't spread it to anyone. But it's embarrassing for people to see. Please let know what ur dr says it is!

Old 07-18-2011, 05:32 AM   #5
(female)

1decsheep HB User

well so far the doctors are sticking with the diagnosis of subshydrotic eczema which requires a 3% steroid cream and prednisone tablets, also a steroid until it clears, then bactroban to finish the healing. They said pre-cancerous and cancerous situations start as one lesion then spread, not as blisters---there are many things that can cause this, allergies, stress, certain exposures to certain metals such as nickels, and chemicals like bleach--good lucik

Closed Thread