It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

Bedlam HB User
Itchy skin - worked for me

ALOE VERA GEL - IT WORKED FOR ME - I NEED TO SHARE THIS!!!
I have suffered from itchy skin for over 5 years. There was no reason or rash & my itchiness seemed to be worse at night when my skin became hot. The itchiness would one minute be confined to my legs, then my back, then my arms all over my body - the only way to control is was to take allergy tablets each night which I have been literally living on for the past 5 years,
I became really distressed over this as just recently it was getting worse - my skin was getting really damaged with all the scratching, I used to scratch so hard I would bruise my skin & started to draw blood.
I went to my doctors & he gave me the statutory creams etc & suggested steroid creams which I did not want. I was going back to him after I got back from my holiday. I was really self conscious as my skin looked so awful but I found something that really worked for me
I went to a spice plantation in India where I bought a small pot of aloe vera gel - I have now been back for 3 weeks & since using it I have only taken the allergy tablets twice. When I feel a little itchy I put the gel on & it is soothes it straight away
I researched it on the internet a little more & have found that it should be IASC certified (as some aloe products may contain water). I bought some over the internet which was quite expensive but it is readily available in Holland & Barratt
Hope this works for someone else as I know how depressing it can be!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
(male)

RJZ5000 HB User
Re: Itchy skin - worked for me

I had really itchy skin, I use aqueous cream instead of soap when i shower and then apply it again when I'm dried off. You can buy it in big tubs for very little money and it works for me, give it a try.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-07-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: please do not quote when you are the first to reply

Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
(female)

Bedlam HB User
Re: Itchy skin - worked for me

Thank you for this.
I have tried the aqueous cream which did help a lot but it did not stop the itching totally. If I did not take allergy tablets before I went to bed I would wake up in the middle of the night scratching like mad
I have always used creams & do not think I have excessively dry skin. I have had blood/allergy tests but nothing!!
I bought some aloe from Holland & Barratt which does not seem to work as well so going back to the original one I bought - Lily of the desert brand
I also use the avon after sun bronze body butter which I find really nice & quite cheap - although not nearly as cheap as the aqueous cream

Reply Reply