It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
(male)

markit HB User
facial infection

just wanted to share my story and gain some insight on what the problem could be

1. i had a small bump above my right eyebrow for almost 3 years, and about 6 months ago it started protruding more and became red. swelling occurred until it came to a head and eventually (with a little help) monstrously erupted... for the next 3-4 days I had intense swelling that dropped down to my face during the day, and would rise into my forehead as I slept overnight.

2. about 3 days ago i had a pimple on my left cheek. I popped it. The next day I could feel a small mass where the pimple used to be and noticed swelling and redness. This got more intense, and 2 days ago I was prescribed antibiotics. The redness and swelling is no longer as widespread, but there is still a hard lump in my cheek about the size of a chestnut. I have no fever, chills, or enlarged lymph nodes. I was given a 10 days supply of antibiotics which I will be taking to completion.

Is it better to try and drain this lump, or should I continue the process of shrinking it from the inside with the antibiotics. It doesn't hurt, but its noticeable and annoying. Due to the size of it, I'm just concerned that the 10 days of ABs won't do the trick... Currently its been 2.5 days that I've been on them.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread