It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
(male)

kansguy HB User
Post Suggestions for dealing with Palmar Hyperhidrosis

Hello -

I'm wondering if anyone else in these forums suffers from palmar hyperhidrosis; excessive sweating in their hands. If you have experience with sweaty hands, what actions or treatments have you tried to treat it? Has anyone went as far as having the corrective surgery?

I've been dealing with this condition for some time now, and am beginning to consider seeing a doctor about it. My hands (palms) sweat almost all the time. I'm a painter + photographer, and especially when I'm holding paintbrushes, pencils, or my camera, my hands are often drenched with sweat. Aside from being a nuisance, the condition can become extremely embarrassing when meeting collectors or potential photography clients (shaking hands). My hands typically also become very cold when they sweat the worst, even in warm environments.

I'd love to hear from individuals with a similar issue, and how they've dealt with it.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
(female)

carolinabeach HB User
Re: Suggestions for dealing with Palmar Hyperhidrosis

read my response that i posted a few days ago. i think it is worth a try..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
(female)

Kalikt HB User

Hi Carolinabeach!
I saw your post about taking iodine/iodide to control your palmar hyperhidrosis and was wondering how you discovered iodine as a treatment? I saw that it can assist with thyroid problems, do you have any thyroid issues and maybe that's why it works for you?
I've been suffering from palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis my whole life and I am going to get botox injections in my hands in a month but would like to explore other avenues beforehand. Also are there any side effects of taking iodine and can you purchase it OTC or do you need a prescription? Or are you just taking the iodine tablets that are used to sanitize water? Thanks for your help!!! I really appreciate it and hope to be sweaty hand free like you one day
-Katie

Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

carolinabeach HB User

Try iodine/iodide. sometimes it works. read about it to make sure it is right for you. i posted about my results with iodine/iodide.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
(female)

carolinabeach HB User

i started taking it as my health practitioner uses it to reduce incident of breast cancer. i just noticed that it helped with hyperhidrosis. purely accidental. anyway do you research.
you can buy it off of the internet. whole foods has kelp iodine, but it didn't have the same effects.
i still sweat, but it is much reduced. plus its summer and i live in south carolina, a very humid place.
best of luck.

Closed Thread